• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

H.I.D lighting

R
Jul 11, 2004
cpt illinois
whos done the conversion kit how hard is it to do and if you liked it
or not
and can the kit be installed on older headlights like on polaris wedge
or does it only work on newer lights like on genll or edge

and if i can use it what do i need

thanks guys

out..........

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
possably

HID lighting requires DC power and a battery to support the low rpm power fluctuation. Its possible but you would need to do some mods. We are currantly working on a plug and play kit.

B

Banshee AL

Feb 15, 2003
Halfway OR
HID's are awesome

I but a pair of Trail Tech 16 watt HID's (SCMR-16's):sun: on my KTM 640 and I will never ride again with out HID's. I don't ride ride my sled much at night anymore but if I did I might have to change over. On a sled you don't have things like deer, black cows and other various night time critters that like to jump out in front of you at night like they do when you are on a bike.

If off road rider comes up a P&P kit that would be cool. If he don't I might fashion me up a regulated DC voltage supply (easy) and use a small sealed electric trailer brake - break away emergency stop battery for the needed HID start up power. :D Been thinking about doing this for a helmet light - time will tell.

raysxc700
If you have an electric starter on your sled this would be an easy conversion to do. Google HID's and you can find many conversion kits for autos and they could be used on a sled too.

One thing though HID's are kinda spendy but well worth it.:beer;

Good luck

Last edited:
Premium Features