• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boosted Nytro blowing belts

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
I have about 1300 miles on my mcx nytro at 14-15 lbs this year. I've gone through 3 yamaha belts so far. Alignment is perfect on my clutches and i have lots of venting. Any thoughts?

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
We run the 47* helix with a Sno Pro Green Cat spring twisted to 1-0. It cured our belt issues.
We also run alot of heel weight in the Primary. These buggers need all the grab they can get.

N
Nov 26, 2007
belts

i have went through 4 belts in 500 miles 15lbs on impulse turbo. cat grn spring with qaurter turn of preload shock wave 1 1/4 turns out and stm weights 69.5 gram weights, 14.5 rollers, org sil org spring, 19-40 gearing. iam not blaming the turbo or the set up when i lean on the throttle in deep snow the belt gets hot in a hurry i have to stop and let the belt cool very hard to do!

Y

youd47

Nov 27, 2007
Stanford, MT
3 belts in 1300 miles doesn't seem to bad for the kind of power your running. I'm running similar boost and have gone through about the same belts in the same miles. I think some of the problem I had was if I was semi stuck and really got on the throttle it would spin the belt some.

W
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, Nevada
i have went through 4 belts in 500 miles 15lbs on impulse turbo. cat grn spring with qaurter turn of preload shock wave 1 1/4 turns out and stm weights 69.5 gram weights, 14.5 rollers, org sil org spring, 19-40 gearing. iam not blaming the turbo or the set up when i lean on the throttle in deep snow the belt gets hot in a hurry i have to stop and let the belt cool very hard to do!

Try not using your shockwave!

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I have about 1300 miles on my mcx nytro at 14-15 lbs this year. I've gone through 3 yamaha belts so far. Alignment is perfect on my clutches and i have lots of venting. Any thoughts?

1000km on mine and still on the same belt. shockwave-couple turns out, purple secondary. bwb 74 gram weights in primary. I have had to adjust my secondary 2x with shims but the belt still looks great imo.

snow conditions, terrain and rider makes all the difference imo.

I was looking closely at my secondary and I swear you could see tiny stress fractures on the outside of the sheave.........where the belt does not touch.

Anyone else ever see that? I will see if i can post some pics

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
there is definitly something wrong my vec never blew a belt ever 17-20lbs boost 6000km.seems the nytro has some clutch issues just need to find them heat kills belts.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Sawyer is that still the original purple secondary spring you put in? I found like 10 good rides and I would start having issues (so i would replace it). I now use the green sno pro spring and it sems to last alot longer. Also any snow dust geting in there?? I had that issue also it doesnt take much to make it slip and then trouble.

N
Jan 11, 2008
Cherhill AB
Good deal not so good!

there is definitly something wrong my vec never blew a belt ever 17-20lbs boost 6000km.seems the nytro has some clutch issues just need to find them heat kills belts.

Easy on belts but hard on cranks! Did you two square up yet on a fair price for a refund. 37km after puchase and rod lets go due to not getting any oil, helicopter ride, wrecked weekend and $6000 of costs. He also could be riding a pimp Nytro now instead.
iamcurious.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Sawyer is that still the original purple secondary spring you put in? I found like 10 good rides and I would start having issues (so i would replace it). I now use the green sno pro spring and it sems to last alot longer. Also any snow dust geting in there?? I had that issue also it doesnt take much to make it slip and then trouble.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Make sure you clean your clutches every 4 or 5 rides. Do not have slipping. I run the stock spring wound up to 110. I aslo run the Shockwave, make sure you have the update done on the shockwave.

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
Not sure if it's the stock spring or not. It had a black in it when i bought it and i put the purple in.

I clean the clutches after every ride. I'm anal about my sleds.

It could be snow dust though, never thought of that

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Belt issues

Hey Sawyer
I posted an thread on here months ago and recieved a few good replys as I was blowing belts out of control. I have desintegrated and blown blown cords that were on the motor side also.
This is what I found worked and I recieved the advise from a few people on this site.
I have been running 15-18# in deep snow 2-3 feet coastal snow with great success.

Secondary: Cat Green @ 0-2 or 0-3 with shockwave @ 1 and 1.5 turns on shock wave. If pulling cord on motor side remove shim from the secondary.
Primary: 8bu fully loaded(aprox 58 grams)

Yes I would have never thought this set up would work but it does. I went from dalton 78grams to those 58's and it worked. Yes hard to believe.

However I do lots of tree riding and find if I'm in the deep and hard off and on the throttle I may pull a cord. I have now done 1000 miles on 2 belts. I'm very impressed with the yamaha for that kind of power.

Give it a shot , bet it will work!!!!

K
Nov 26, 2007
KITIMAT BC
Easy on belts but hard on cranks! Did you two square up yet on a fair price for a refund. 37km after puchase and rod lets go due to not getting any oil, helicopter ride, wrecked weekend and $6000 of costs. He also could be riding a pimp Nytro now instead.
iamcurious.

Square up for what?Did he ride it before he purchased it?(NO)Did he take the time to learn the in`s and out`s of a very modified turbo charged sled (NO) BELIEVE me that sled was running awesome seven days before you guys got hold of it.I also don`t buy your no oil story either.Ran outta oil but never overheated or smelt like the motor was cooking hot?.HE paid for the sled it becomes his responsibilty.Part the sled out and go buy a Nytro I don`t care.But don`t start beaking off on here.Oh yeah where are pictures of the blown motor?I would like to see those.Mostly the top of the pistons please.

Last edited:
Premium Features