• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

handle bar help

R
Nov 28, 2009
i need 8 inch risers at least and i need to know were to get them and i nned extentions for the lights warmers and kill swich were do i get them

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
I put 6" risers on mine and did the wiring myself,(waterproof butt splices) then put the corrugated automotive casing around it, followed by waterproof tape.
Just be sure to do the wires one at a time so you don't get them mixed up. I did this because I wanted to remove the "Polaris Rubber" and I had to get rid of the plugs to make it look good. I had my dealer put on the extensions for brake and throttle.

IMG00011.jpg IMG00014.jpg

Last edited:
S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Go with a 4" riaser and pro taper bars. The brake line and throutle will need extra, your dealer for the gas, and you can do the brake line at any hose shop.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
If you are going to the bother of doing this, I would suggest an aftermarket steering post that is stronger. I had a '94 XLT and ended up with a 3" riser. Even in stock form I was always bending the post and was worried that someday it would break when I didn't want it to. With the riser systems available now, they have significantly more strength than the stock post and the upper mount is still quite low.

I have been following some of your other posts as well. It seems like you are about ready to start saving for a bigger sled.

Good luck.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
I'm going to be going with the Protaper handle bars, 4 inch risers. I'm moving all by switches to the console like the new sleds are. Just need to find a good deal on some bars.

Premium Features