• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX Power Valve Delete

C
Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
I'm trying to figure out whether to install these things or not. Speedwerx says don't....it'll lose performance. Has anyone used the delete kit with any success?? Did you have to change Boondocker settings??

My engine is stock, all Speedwerx exhaust.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Here is the skinny: You will lose performance, otherwise Arctic Cat would run them instead of the moving valve. In the 1000 especially I encountered a low end stutter or bog because of the delete kit. Here is the good news. I can tune this out with a Powercommander and get the snap back. If you are running a Boondocker, you won't have the resolution you will need to clean up the bottom end. So you are faced with a couple choices. STM valves, or a Powercommander, or leave stock valves in place and route your cables so they dont get burned.

The last choice is the cheapest.

J

jay_boom

Dec 15, 2007
Southwestern, AB
What is the best way to route the wires on the 1000's, mine is a 07 so i had to buy some high temp wire loom but would like to re route the wires. Any pictures ?

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
I'm searching info of these APV deletes. STM valves would be nice but they are really prizey.

So I'd like to hear results at LOW ALT (below 4000 ft, mainly around 1000 ft). I have CF 7 -06 with Racingstation 8 kit with some other goodies. Pal has stock CF 8 -07 except Jaws Twins and Camo CE 156". Would there be any gains with APV delete kit for our sleds? I'm thinking pal sled with twins would gain more than my sled? We both use Boondocker boxes.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Here is the skinny: You will lose performance, otherwise Arctic Cat would run them instead of the moving valve. In the 1000 especially I encountered a low end stutter or bog because of the delete kit. Here is the good news. I can tune this out with a Powercommander and get the snap back. If you are running a Boondocker, you won't have the resolution you will need to clean up the bottom end. So you are faced with a couple choices. STM valves, or a Powercommander, or leave stock valves in place and route your cables so they dont get burned.

The last choice is the cheapest.

Interesting. On my last piped 1000 I was able to get the low end burble to go away with a BD box, perhaps the kind of porting I had made a difference? On my sled I just killed, I had them on & they worked, but it was pretty uneven.

Got a set I'll be selling as I'm pretty sure this is the last 1000 I'll own.

Eric... you find me a 2011 limited for around $7k yet???? :D

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Yes, bottomend will suffer but I've found my riding style has changed after putting big bore and stuff. Seems even I have more power, I'm using and wanting it more. Shortly, seems I'm usually using full gas :D So is the bottom end bog bigger than gains at mid and top? If not, it would be nice to try the delete kit :) Also there's little waiting issue when the valves open. If this can be avoided it would be nice.

DPalmerM10

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2008
Crescent,OR
Tryed them on 2007m1000 & a 2007m8. M8 worked better than the m1000, but no better than stock. The 1000 lost power & would only get about 30 miles on a tank of fuel. I still have the deletes in the tool box, would let them go cheap. Dave.

H

HOTRODREDNECK

Oct 28, 2008
COLORADO
drop the money on the stm valves it's worth it. no more adjusting cable, no more servo codes, etc. and you lose about 4 1/2lbs.

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I have a set of 07-09, maybe fit the 10&11 too, M8 BDX Power Valve delete kit. That I would sell cheap also, wasn't worth the tuning for me. I have used the STM ones on the 800-900 1M motors, they work fine, but I had 2 sets brake off and damage the piston and cylinder. But that was when he first started doing them, I'm sure he has got it fixed now. When it happened, he did took care of me, to make it right.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
What about a set for a Cutler 1 Liter based off the M7. Can I simply drop in the delete kit or will I have to make changes to them? Both the cables need replacing and the delete kit costs less than overhauling a system that is fickle in the first place. And I'm not springing for STM valves....way too pricey.

H

HOTRODREDNECK

Oct 28, 2008
COLORADO
i think by the time you replace the cables, around $70 and a servo motor around $300 your not that far off the price of the stm valves $500 and no more finicky adjustments. jmho

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I run them on my M7, 1100ft and 9000+. yes you lose bottom end but it doesnt really phase me with my riding style. after the fourth cable broke/burnt i went with these.

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
How close can you get the bottom end with the delete if you had a Boondocker? It seems like you could get it closer anyway?

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Ok. Tried M1000 SP -09 with SLP full pipe and APV deletes. HUGE burble at low end. It's really rich down there. Up and mid seemed to be very nice so we try to set the fuel with BD box.

Does anybody have BD numbers which would be good to start with? We use SLP recommendations and they do not work. I think we need to adjust all the 3000, 5000 and 6500 numbers?

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
see and mine is compleatly different. Im rich up top and a little lean down low. im running like -3 from about 6000 up and like +1 or two from 3000 to around 6

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
I tried several versions of holding your power valves open to gain mid range.

Never found the mid range improvement ? Power valves open toooo late and cost you mid range ? Looks good on dyno sheets, never could make it work on the hill. Kind of got the low bad fuel delivery gone with my box on my 700 big big bore. ON my M8, cost on the bottom with no gain anywhere else.
Gas mileage did suffer on any longer rides at trail cruising speeds getting up to the hill, just plain annoying. I tried the spacers under the power values and machined some of my own ? Bunch of fooling around with no gain.

Premium Features