• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 m7 primary cluch diameter

R

Randog

Dec 3, 2007
I am trying to replace my m7 drive clutch and have a 07 m8 8 1/4"diameter clutch, but my m7 clutch measures 8 1/2 can I run a 8 1/4 on my m7 ? Will the spiders interchange ?
Do you run the steel back ring on the m8 clutch ?

U

Uller

Nov 26, 2007
Greater NW
I second this question for those who know.

I broke my primary (spider) last season on an 06' M7, which has the 8 1/2" clutch, and put up a thread on here on the best/cheapest way to fix or replace.

The more popular recommendation was to get a new, uncalibrated clutch. Well, I just received the new one in the mail and it is an 8 1/4". What do I do?

I was planning on getting the 10.4 secondary sheaves in the future. If I get them will I be at the same belt length as an M8 and all will be good? What do I do about the steel plate on the back of the stock primary? I believe that I read a thread about how the M7 doesn't run very well without it. Something about needing the weight on the secondary for the balance of the motor....

Will the plate from the larger clutch fit on the back of the smaller clutch?

Hope I'm not hijacking your thread Randog

I replaced the clutch on my m7 as well. The stock one it comes with is 8 1/2. The replacement ones are 8 1/4. i think to make more room to get the belt on and off. I just shopped around and got a new un calibrated 8 1/2 .I did put the ring on the new one as well. But people did say you dont need and some said you do. I just put it on and was done with it.Use some heat with a little propane torch on the hex bolts holding the ring on. It will make your life alot easier.Hope this helps.

:beer;:beer;:beer;

R

Randog

Dec 3, 2007
Where did you get the 8 1/2
Who has a 8 1/2
I need the fixed sheave or a new clutch

U

Uller

Nov 26, 2007
Greater NW
I thought I was purchasing an 8 1/2". Guess not..... as it showed up as an 8 1/4". If I get the 10.4 secondary sheaves will a standard M8 belt work? How about the Carslile XS 817 (or the cat 060)?

Will the steel plate from an 8 1/2 fit on an 8 1/4?

R

Randog

Dec 3, 2007
The plate will fit the 8 1/4
The belt will work unless you put the 10.4 on then you have to go with the m8 belt.

Premium Features