• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Narrowing your 1100?

westech

Premium Member
Sep 21, 2008
Vanderhoof, B.C.
Just curious if anyone is updating they're 1100t to 2016 specs. I plan to. It's a 12 HCR so pretty wide. Just can't decide if I should go with the 38" kit or 36". My evols that come with it stock might fit the 38 kit with some modification, but prob. Won't for the 36". Plus if my dealer is right. The 38 kit is $300 cheaper. Sound right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
We have done a few 800s and several 1100t's already. Have another in the shop this week. You are correct in assuming you can use your shocks going to the 38", too long going all the way to 36". The difference when people went to the 38" from a 40" was huge. Riding the 2016 with the 36" is that good again but also benefits from the different spindle, mounting location in the ski, and the new angles. It's not just narrower like 40" to a 38".

Also less money for the 38" yes...but performance isn't the same, but new shocks required as well.

Haven't seen an email in a bit so shoot me a new one if you have other questions on this or anything else on your mod list.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Narrowed up a few last season using the Alternative Impact A Arms and they are awesome. 36 is a more technical specific setup. If you are going to rally down a trail or across a lake at high speed, then 38 might be a better fit.

C

CatTurbo

Oct 30, 2012
Narrow Front End

For those who have or about to drop $600 on the front end kit for a 2012, you have to buy new shocks or get them shortened.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Narrowed up a few last season using the Alternative Impact A Arms and they are awesome. 36 is a more technical specific setup. If you are going to rally down a trail or across a lake at high speed, then 38 might be a better fit.

I for one being an 11t guy with buying a new one first year would love to ride an 11t with all the updates from 12 till now as well as a 3inch track and the new front suspension. I am willing to bet it is a game changer in that 11t. Then through a EVO 215 tune on top. If money only grew on trees I would get one and see what I thought.

westech

Premium Member
Sep 21, 2008
Vanderhoof, B.C.
I went with 36". I had assumed the 38" kit came with the new spindles, but once I figured out that wasn't the case it made the choice easier. Thanks also for the reply's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G
Jan 15, 2009
Vail
I have a 2013 1100 (not HCR) and want to go to the 36". What exactly do I need? Can I just shorten the shocks? Or do I need new shocks all together?

Premium Features