• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silbur 850 axys

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
First off I'm not knocking silber...that said their clutch kits are not on par with Indy specialties ( not even close), and probably never will be. They build a badass turbo with really good mapping. Their clutch kit is designed to get you on the snow and it works for some riders. I ran their clutching last year and it worked, but I ate a lot of belts and left a lot of performance on the table. I went with Indy dans set up (similar to TRS) and I have a whole different sled this year. My sled really is an arm stretcher now and I couldn't be happier with silbers mapping and indys clutching. Wish they would supply his kit with their turbos!

I agree 100% with you. There is no comparison between the Indy Specialties Full Kit and the Silber Kit on my 800, in my opinion. The kits are also a huge difference in cost and the sliber kit will get people on the snow with good results. This year on the 3 Patriot 850 kits I have two that are going to be running the Full Indy kits and one that is going to be running the Silber supplied kits. I know guess they have switched a few things in the setup this year so we will see how it is and will have a good review once we get them on the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I feel like it comes down to the one size fits all aspect of things. silber gives a one size aspect witch will get you out their as indy dan offers a hi elevation or low elevation with custom cut helix and both springs{a lot more that can be dun with a full kit}. it costs more for the full kit vs just weights and 1 spring all you can do with that is hit the middle of the road witch will be great for some but just not so for others. I feel like even if they offered dans kits or any ones kits it would just jack the price so I feel like they do the right thing when they give you a cost-effective way to get you out and let you be free to choose the clutching that matches your riding preferences...

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
I agree 100%. Indy dans kit is more expensive initially. For me I blew enough belts that the Indy kit would have been cheaper in the long run but that's nothing against silber. I don't care if you run a mountain tek or boondocker or silber; their specialty is turbos not clutching. I understand that running a full clutch kit would jack up the overall price and that might deter buyers. I guess I wish there was an option to not buy their weights and springs with the kit and save 200$ to put towards a specialized kit for your elevation/riding style

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
icon1.gif
<hr size="1" style="color: rgb(232, 232, 232); background-color: rgb(232, 232, 232);"><!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I agree 100%. Indy dans kit is more expensive initially. For me I blew enough belts that the Indy kit would have been cheaper in the long run but that's nothing against silber. I don't care if you run a mountain tek or boondocker or silber; their specialty is turbos not clutching. I understand that running a full clutch kit would jack up the overall price and that might deter buyers. I guess I wish there was an option to not buy their weights and springs with the kit and save 200$ to put towards a specialized kit for your elevation/riding style

that would be the best option

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Thanks for the question RE: Clutching

Clutching is something we've discussed a lot internally over the years. Fact is, we can't even agree among the testers/team which we like best. In fact, preferences are all over the board. That kind of articulates the main issue, everyone is looking for something different.

That said, we have refined our weight profile, specifically with the Axys sleds (800 and 850) for this year.

I won't lie, I'm one of those neurotic guys when it comes to setup, and I was always messing with clutching. This year, on my Patriot, I'm running the exact clutch kit you get with the sled. Its pretty dang good.

Indy Dan has a great setup, however we don't want to require our customers to reshim their primary. We are looking to put something together that works great with a 10-series-like weight profile, and we also want it adjustable for 3-10psi and 0-13,000 feet. That's a big ask, and something we feel we've accomplished. We also don't want to do something crazy that pushes our kit's pricing much higher but people go out and *still* change.

We will keep tweaking things as time goes on, but I do think most will find our latest iteration to be more than just "get you on snow" good.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Not swapping a helix will be an issue for us low elevation guys. Even on the 800 we were having to push 86 grams with the stock helix which wasn't possible with the old venom weights without special tungsten washers and isn't possible with the new weights either.

I think a custom cut helix is roughly $100? Not sure on a separated out price, but something like that with the new weights that can go up to 81 grams? could be possible for the lower elevation riders. If you didn't want to go all out and do a full clutch kit swap and utilize the money you spent on the included clutching.

Last edited:

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Thanks for the question RE: Clutching

Clutching is something we've discussed a lot internally over the years. Fact is, we can't even agree among the testers/team which we like best. In fact, preferences are all over the board. That kind of articulates the main issue, everyone is looking for something different.

That said, we have refined our weight profile, specifically with the Axys sleds (800 and 850) for this year.

I won't lie, I'm one of those neurotic guys when it comes to setup, and I was always messing with clutching. This year, on my Patriot, I'm running the exact clutch kit you get with the sled. Its pretty dang good.

Indy Dan has a great setup, however we don't want to require our customers to reshim their primary. We are looking to put something together that works great with a 10-series-like weight profile, and we also want it adjustable for 3-10psi and 0-13,000 feet. That's a big ask, and something we feel we've accomplished. We also don't want to do something crazy that pushes our kit's pricing much higher but people go out and *still* change.

We will keep tweaking things as time goes on, but I do think most will find our latest iteration to be more than just "get you on snow" good.

Thanks JJ. Looks like you guys are doing the best you can. All that you stated makes sense.

Premium Features