• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just got the 975 mod King done and now it's for sale.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
What do you guys think? I ride both my wife's '09 M-8 Sno-Pro and my King. I'm headed to Island Park in two weeks and I can only bring one sled. I know everyone says how much better the M-chassis is, but I'm not feeling it. At least here where the land is flatter , Northern MN. I can carve better with the King and I can ride the rear bumper to scare the locals. The M seems kind'a planted if you ask me.
I think the problem is that the King feels light as a feather under power and the M does not. Maybe in deeper snow it will all change.
If I'm going to sell the King I should do it now. I just put new front dump Jaws D-pipes and Chall Extreme 2.5'' on it. Air box snorkel, 44mm rounds, larger dia. intakes, reeds, ported case and cylinders, mono heads, both high and low comp sets, 3 deg. advance w.o.t. timing. like I said 15'' x 162'' x 2.5 Chall Extreme and Sledjunky's drop brackets. About two hund HP. She won Spirit Mt Hill-Drags sport open this spring. I need 5 g's or I'll take a two-up touring sled as trade.

Owen

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
as for what people are selling them for they are practically giving them away due to the new sled models pushing the market down for them, if i were you i would keep it, but thats just me i would rather hold on to stuff forever than give it away, i love my king , just can't get used to the new models,sure they look cool and have all the new doodads but the old king is faithful and makes me feel at home on it, for what it's $ value i'll just keep it weather .and when i ride a sled that is that much better like going from my mountain maxx to the king , well maybe it will move 1 place over in the shop.

Last edited:
O
Dec 6, 2007
I can relate. I just keep driving the King and I think I should upgrade but nothing seems to trip my trigger quiet like the ol' pumpkin. I like torque and nothing I have rode comes close in the grunt category. How's that saying go; 'long live the king' or least until I find something I like better

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I am with you, Cant get used to the new chassis. As soon as you crack the throttle on the kind it feels SUPER light, where the M chassis just pushes the nose into the snow more. I can get the M on its side ok but I cant turn it. Oh and then there's the torque factor!! I sat keep it I have ridden most of the new sleds, even the 2009 xp 154. Its not, the $8000 you would have to add to what you get from your king, better.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
You might have changed my mind, I do have a lot of time and money into it.

My stock bore [862] mod ran great. Had a couple of so so years , as I tried to get more. Now with all the right stuff, and 975 bore, she hauls azz.
One more thing though, what about those avys? Anybody else wondering if we should not try so hard to be the highest climber?
A stock 600 will keep me down a bit lower.

Owen

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
It's always fun to have the power if you need it, it just takes more willpower not to always use it :D

At least in Island Park right now, I would be really careful about avys though, the snow is ripe for them.

Oh, I agree with all the other guys, can't get used to the new chassis, and there is no way $8k worth of difference to something new.

Premium Features