• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Assault BD Turbo mid-high end bog

kasey200

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
A little background: I had some work done to my sled over the summer by a dealership (no names) and had a few issues with it. When I got it back it idled really high and reverse did not work. I adjusted the TPS and lowered the idle and now reverse works and it idles normal. I also had them install new Vforce reeds while they had it apart, as well as a complete service. They told me they adjusted the tps when they had it apart but not sure about that. This has been a pull and go sled since 2012.

I should also add that i installed an AFR gauge over the summer and fabbed an intake that ties into the stock airbox similar to the newer boondocker RMK pro kits. It had the "thru-hood" snorkel that I did not like in the trees.

Last weekend we got a little snow so I was finally able to take it for a little spin. I putted around to get it up to temp. When it was warm I got on it a few times and the motor completely falls on it's face at WOT. It spins up to about 6500-7000 rpm normally and then dies out. It doesn't do it on a stand, only under a load. Do you guys have any idea what I should be looking for? Could the AFR gauge be robbing too much power from the electrical system? Could the new intake be affecting it? Also I have not put new av-gas in since April. Could that be the culprit? Heading to the mtns next weekend so any help I can get from you guys would be very appreciated!!

Pic of the intake:

Last edited:

kasey200

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
The problem was overfuelling for anybody else that may be having similar issues. The new reeds require much less fuel. At least until they break in. I tuned it with the AFR on the snow yesterday and it is running great!

Premium Features