• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Government shutdown

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
The Mueller investigation has brought in more money to the government, in the form of recovered taxes, than it has cost.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I'm not buying it but maybe. I can't remember what they got Manafort on. Hey, if they are guilty they deserve to go to jail. I'm for the rule of law and nobody should be above the law. Same as illegal is illegal and not that they've been doing this forever. I'm not dumb enough to think trump hasn't stepped on people or done some shady stuff in his day but this is above and beyond that. It is about the sheer hatred for trump and not being able to deal with the election results. Spoiled swamp brats not getting their way. Mueller has gone off topic to get any little morsel because he, like comey and the rest are trump haters. It has already been proven that the FBI was trying to fix the election. My bet is it went all the way up to Obama. How many that are squeezed will say anything or even lie to save their own butt?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Fox News seems to run front page stories daily about an illegal immigrant killing someone to feed that fear.

Hello!
That's because it is happening that frequently!
Yeah, it's Fox News fault because they give us the news that we're not supposed to see. DUH!
Sounds like a couple of the hall monitors here on snowest.

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
Build the wall? Can anyone see what is going to happen here? Let's say he get's his way and billions are approved for his wall,then what? Well, engineering will have to start immediately 6 months from now, which will likely take years to complete-with all the impact studies,civil studies,geological studies,geographical studies, studies to study the studies that have been studied,you are dealing with government u know. Now you do realize the dems are going to be looking for a way to capitalize on anything they can-stall the process and still get a piece of the pie-with lizard studies,pelican studies, dung beetle studies,etc. anything that costs money and time will be used to halt the process.This whole time billions of dollars are being transferred into the accounts of all the firms and corporations involved with putting this thing to fruition. Engineering and impact takes a sizable chunk of project funding. By the time a contract gets awarded to build this wall the dems will likely have their president in the white house and the very first thing that will happen even before the toilet gets tested is- HALT ALL FUNDING ON NIMRODS WALL!!! Will this wall do any good? Who knows? Will it actually be built?maybe.Will it cost the American people billions?yes. Will some people make millions without earning it? yes. Will most Americans get screwed?yes .Does all this really matter? must not.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Build the wall? Can anyone see what is going to happen here? Let's say he get's his way and billions are approved for his wall,then what? Well, engineering will have to start immediately 6 months from now, which will likely take years to complete-with all the impact studies,civil studies,geological studies,geographical studies, studies to study the studies that have been studied,you are dealing with government u know. Now you do realize the dems are going to be looking for a way to capitalize on anything they can-stall the process and still get a piece of the pie-with lizard studies,pelican studies, dung beetle studies,etc. anything that costs money and time will be used to halt the process.This whole time billions of dollars are being transferred into the accounts of all the firms and corporations involved with putting this thing to fruition. Engineering and impact takes a sizable chunk of project funding. By the time a contract gets awarded to build this wall the dems will likely have their president in the white house and the very first thing that will happen even before the toilet gets tested is- HALT ALL FUNDING ON NIMRODS WALL!!! Will this wall do any good? Who knows? Will it actually be built?maybe.Will it cost the American people billions?yes. Will some people make millions without earning it? yes. Will most Americans get screwed?yes .Does all this really matter? must not.

Anyone can sit back and take pot shots at ideas, pointing out potential scenarios that could expose flaws.
That doesn't help.
More productive would be alternative ideas. Brainstorming 101.
Most anyone can identify problems, true problem solvers envision solutions.

It appears that what you are saying is "This is going to be a very steep hill to climb. I don't think we should even try"

We all know SOMETHING needs to be done. we can all agree that a wall WILL help. We may disagree on how much it will help. More effective solutions are certainly welcome, but if we wait until everyone is in agreement, nothing will ever be done. Sad thing is, that's the road the anti-Trumpers would prefer.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6f1kKtdF920" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6f1kKtdF920" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Thanks for posting this.
He said it clearly and concisely, way better than I ever could have.

I think it's fair to say that his explanation verifies that our great President Trump has been right all along.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
So how much less law enforcement do we have in the mountains during the shutdown? This seems like the most important question during the furlough.

I see that we consider the wood cops to be essential services so they are on duty without pay temporarily. Recreational management activities are for the most part suspended.

So any ideas on the practical effects on the casual outlaw forest user during the shutdown?

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
I find it completely absurd and immature on both sides. An owl in oregon could sneeze & the government might spend 5 billion to find out why. How much foreign aid do we send to Mexico every year? What about pulling it out of there & then Trump could fulfill both parts of his precious campaign promise. I'm honestly undecided on the whole wall thing. Does it make sense that a wall will keep out more people trying to sneak across the border? Of course. But how much of that land is currently privately owned? And if it is, do you really think 5 billion is going to cut it? If it was on your land, would you want a 30' eyesore looming over you? (Ok, some would, some wouldn't I know).
If Trump is Truly willing to compromise and if the Democrats are truly willing to compromise, Give him 2.5 billion for whatever wall he can build with it & get on with it.

Last edited:

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
if the Democrats are truly willing to compromise, Give him 2.5 billion for whatever wall he can build with it & get on with it.

The democratic house just recently passed the very same bill that the Republican Senate passed before Christmas.

McConnell will not allow the Senate to vote on it again. He's the one that introduced it, and less than a month later, won't support it.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
The democratic house just recently passed the very same bill that the Republican Senate passed before Christmas.

McConnell will not allow the Senate to vote on it again. He's the one that introduced it, and less than a month later, won't support it.

Absurd & Immature of McConnell as well. It makes me sick how lock step the Republican party has become behind Trump on this issue. If he had that kind of "loyalty" from the get-go, maybe they might have accomplished a little more in the last 2 years. (Not that I really would have wanted that - But in Obama's first 2 years in office the Democrats did manage to pass the ACA [an abysmal failure of bureucracy tainted by too many hands in the pot & not a single republican vote in favor of it, but that's another discussion entirely]) Politicians think only up to the next election cycle & worry way too much about getting re-elected instead of about actually governing & making things happen.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Give him 2.5 billion for whatever wall he can build with it & get on with it.

From what i understand the the House agreed to 2.5 billion in border security in their last offer. Trump turned it down because that would mean he would have to compromise and in his eyes that is losing. The first bill that went through the house prior to the shutdown had supposedly 1.3 to 1.5 billion or something around there and was almost signed until Trump TV in their ultimate wisdom told trump he would be a loser if he signed it. so here we are. The only way out for Trump to save face with his base now is to call for a National Emergency and let the courts fight over whether he has the right to call for a National Emergency over not getting 5 billion dollars. That way he can say he tried and the obama judges told he could not do it. The amount he is asking for would not even cover a wall the length of the fencing we have now. I have to say that he is Number #1 in government shut downs now very cool honor. So he is a head of obama on that category as well now. We should all be very proud of him for that. and for an added bonus think how much money he is saving the government by not having to pay the salaries of certain furloughed government employee Although some will get back pay, other will not.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I have to laugh a bit at big10 up there too.
Advocating for illegal activity while complaining about a border wall to prevent illegal activity.

Not quite apples to apples, but made me smirk.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Trump turned it down because that would mean he would have to compromise and in his eyes that is losing.
PRECISELY. In his speech, he said he's willing to work with those who are willing to come to a compromise, but in fact HE is completely unwilling to compromise. On his side of things, I feel its another way to distract from the ongoing Mueller investigation. It's "If I yell loud enough about something else, they'll be too busy talking about it to pay attention." Of course there's also the continual calling of the investigation a witch hunt. And even if / when the investigation turns up something against him, his base will say it's rigged & fake news, etc. He is without a doubt the biggest egotist ever to sit in the oval office & the cult of personality that seems to hang on his every tweet are so convinced that everything he says MUST be the honest truth. I'm still sickened that the 2016 election funnel produced such an abysmal choice on both sides.

$5 billion might pay for a picket fence along the border, if you hire illegals to build it.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
DJT im with you all the way. i voted for you and you are the man in charge thank you for what you are doing. keep up the GOOD work you are doing. Thanks for thinking of us first. Keep are money here and not hand it to countries that have would love to kill all of us. And the clinton foundation WOW that's all on the up n up right. And thanks again DJT and that you to all the Military folks for the great job.....

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
While our great President Trump and the Republicans stayed in Washington over the weekend trying to resolve the shutdown, 30 democrats were chartered to a Puerto Rican beach resort by lobbyists.
But go ahead and blame our great President Trump. It all must be his fault. C'mon. I know you are smart enough to know better.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
On his side of things, I feel its another way to distract from the ongoing Mueller investigation. It's "If I yell loud enough about something else, they'll be too busy talking about it to pay attention." Of course there's also the continual calling of the investigation a witch hunt. And even if / when the investigation turns up something against him, his base will say it's rigged & fake news, etc.

Let's go ahead and talk about the Mueller investigation.
Three years and still zero evidence against our great President Trump.
In fact, as the investigation gets investigated, it's becoming evident that investigation is a political retaliation against our great President Trump because he wasn't supposed to win the election.

Fact - Hillary destroys cell phones and wipes computers while information on the devices were under subpoena. No consequences for this obstructive behavior.

Fact- Cell phones of Strozk and Page have text messages removed from them while in possession of Mueller and the FBI. No consequences for this obstructive behavior.

So yes, after years of investigating our great President Trump for collusion and not coming up with anything is what I would refer to as a witch hunt indeed.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Idcatman,
Would you agree that the following statement is fact?
A wall will stop some of the drug trafficking and significantly slow down illegal crossing of the border.

Once again I will apologize that I missed your reply to this question.

Premium Features