• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

muffpot recipe!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M

magician

Jul 9, 2001
So. East, Idaho
Smoked clams....bring a bunch of toothpicks and everyone can try them...
Becareful had a can blowup on me once. Wasn't pretty.. There was pieces of clams stuck everywhere to the pipe.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
You gotta have hot food

We have muff pots on both of our sleds...summit 600 and a XRS 800.Even when im pinning it the food never seems to get hot only warm....do you guys actually get hot food???

It ain't a microwave You have to ride a while,you Know like a while.
ride until you can smell it. depending on alot of things it can take an hour or more. usually when you start smelling it you're ready to eat.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Becareful had a can blowup on me once. Wasn't pretty.. There was pieces of clams stuck everywhere to the pipe.

Not related to muffpot cooking, but that reminds me of the time I let a friend ride my extra sled. He put a jar of green olives in the back of the sled, not in a glove or anything. We go out and ride, sometime during the day the jar broke. We had most everything we needed in my sled, so we never even looked in the back of his sled. Well, we load up and go home and it turned out to be the last ride of the season. Fast forward to next december, going out riding I open the back of my other sled, and lets just say it wasn't pretty. The smell alone of rotted green olives was just about enough to make my stomach turn. The broken glass and rotten, moldy, 8 month old olive remnants was just a nice bonus.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado

Nuthin like a little clam on your pipe;) J/K Iv'e never owned one, what's a good food to start out with cooking? I'm getting tired of the dry, tasteless sandwiches from the gas station. Something that is just as easy to eat as it is to cook. Really don't wanna carry silverware and napkins. I have enough stuff in my pack! Thanks

B

beer gut

Nov 2, 2004
Centennial, CO
Hot Pockets, Pizza Rolls, egg rolls, cocktail weenies, burritos, and I'm sure many more are pretty much wrap 'em up and drop 'em in...

Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
$1.99 Burrito at any convenient store, or get you a bag of bite size pizza Bites. People might laugh at you until it is hot, and they are eating crackers, cheese and cold sausage.... :D:D

Nov 26, 2007
Waterville WA
We like putting the calzones from Safeway in. Also the cheese fondue comes in its on foil bag and we through that in a muffpot, take some crackers or sourdough bread along and its great. If you have a good Barbque place order something extra and you'll have everbody as your best friend.

Steve :rolleyes:

S
Dec 3, 2007
Vernon BC
It ain't a microwave You have to ride a while,you Know like a while.
ride until you can smell it. depending on alot of things it can take an hour or more. usually when you start smelling it you're ready to eat.

It isnt a microwave...ahhhhhhh crap i thought it was :D....Ive ridden for hours......and pinned it for hours and it still doesnt get very warm....just luke warm?

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
...............NEVER Aluminum foil, makes the food 'Black' and probably gives you
Alzheimers!!!:face-icon-small-con

I was trying to remember what I usually wrap my hotdogs in................

That must be what I use!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Does it depend on where you mount the muff pot? If you put it on a stock single pipe, does it have to be down between the header pipe and expansion chamber, or will it heat enough if it's back by where the pipe and exhaust mate up at the outlet end of the expansion chamber?

Will it heat faster with twins or on a single?

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I don't go to any extra effort when cooking pre-package items like burritos, hot pockets, or little smokies....I just throw them in the pot as they come packaged from the store, and hit the road. :p Cooks up great every time! I usually carry a second meal in my pack and throw it in after we eat our first course. YUMMY!! :D

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Used my new Muff Pot (thanks Santa!) this past weekend....cut up a tough old flank steak into 1" square pieces, placed them in a ziplock with chunked up peppers, onion, Tiger Sauce and whatever else sounded good at the moment.
Threw all that into the fridge for three days.
Wrapped it up in aluminum foil and took it riding. 'bout 30 minutes before we wanted to eat I put it in the pot and hit a meadow.......
I was out of breath about 15 minutes later and stopped. Holy Chit! That smelled so good I couldn't wait. D and I had great, tender, HOT medium rare steak for lunch......
I put the pot just out from the y pipe (07 RMK) and 15 minutes (gunning it)was plenty to heat thawed food. B

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I'm chowin' down on a crock-pot favorite of mine... Need five ingredients: Alfredo sauce, lasagna noodles, shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced ham, and sliced turkey.

Pour some alfredo sauce in the crockpot, layer of lasagna noodles, sauce, cheese, meat, cheese, sauce, noodles, sauce, cheese, meat, cheese... high for ~3 hours... delicious.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Anchorage, AK
I dont know if its just me but I had a heck of a time mounting the muffpot in my M7. I couldnt find a place that didnt touch the cowling or something in the way. Any one else have better luck? Maybe a Picture.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Denver
Got one at the sled show. But, have not been out yet.Can't wait until I get to try some of these ideas. Michael just about has his sled put together from last year. We are talking about trying a ride this sunday if his back feels like it .:D

H

hosman_007

Dec 12, 2007
Fort St. John, BC
Anybody know where to get em or have pics of theirs??? I bought one but it is a peice of crap...lid won't stay on for 5 mins of riding.....mine does not have the top latch to keep lid secure like some I have seen.

Premium Features