• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken Powder Bar?

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I don't know how maney have broken the powder strap/Bar on the handle bar , but we now have broken 3 on Three machines and so we did the autopsy disection on the last one broken yesterday and what a POS of engineering or probabley just planned obsolesence on Polaris to just last until one day out of bumper to bumper coverage. anyone know of a other than Polaris replacement as Polaris nationwide is on backorder on these item: 2877456-070.
gtwitch in wyoming

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Heard of lots of breakage on the Axys which is a different style strap, but not on the Pro... those are the same style Fabcraft originally had back when you still needed a mountain strap to start a sidehill or carve, continued on through the Dragons and Pros... there may still be aftermarket ones with the same style mount but who knows if they are any stronger probably not. Maybe just less money than the Polaris one.

B
Jun 26, 2008
Got rid of it on my old rev and it was the first thing to come off my pro. It is nice to grab to roll the sled but other than that I've seen it do more worse than it does good.

Last edited:

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Tuneman, That is exactly what we were doing when it/they broke was trying to roll over the machine stuck on a side hill. I wish I had video of the process of this last one on our 15 PRO, because it was hillarious when it broke and my son went over heels and slid down the hill and the sled barely moved. After we picked ourselves from laughing so hard, we continued the rollover process and back to riding! Myself and 2 sons all riding PROs and have all broken a strap and I broke one on a 07 Dragon back a few years, all of these are on the Pro Taper bar setup. IMO, any second year engineering student understands the concept of stress concentrations whare parts meet on square corners and if you discect one of these after a failure you can understand why it happens as the cable inside the strap runs perpendicular thru a hole in the bolt head and that is where the stress concentration and failure occurs. Oh well, what you got is what you get!
gtwitch in wyoming

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
gtwitch, just in case you're not aware of this trick: When stuck on a hill and the sled needs to be rolled, start it up, grab both grips, spin the track fast and pull it on its side. The spinning track will dig itself out and allow the sled to be rolled very easily. Then kill the sled when it's on its side and pull/push on the ski to finish the roll. No digging required.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Thanks for the tip!! We always think we know the tricks but have to try this, I am always for an easier way to do sometning.
gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
By the way, Tunman, I think the Ankle Saver is great and have not come close to getting caught up in the sled since I put it on my PRO Thanks again, as I had been caught up at least 6 times, but no xRays or major injuries other than minor tears ans strain/sprains and sore legs, this over the last 3 years but not this year!!
gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features