• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro motion

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
Installed the ice age pro motion tonight. My local sled shop fixed me up, A2Dsled works. Fit and finish is excellent, installed very easy and it is a beautiful machined part. My garage riding skill was increased by 20% with out a doubt. The tunnel does lean over much easier than it did previously. I can also grab the cross bar on the handle bars with one hand and pull the sled on its side. Couldn't do that before considering I do have the assault with the wide front end. I hopped back and forth between my assault and the 14 XM sitting right next to it. The pro motion kit leans the sled over much more than the XM with less effort. I am excited to try it out on the snow which hopefully won't be to long from now.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Installed the ice age pro motion tonight. My local sled shop fixed me up, A2Dsled works. Fit and finish is excellent, installed very easy and it is a beautiful machined part. My garage riding skill was increased by 20% with out a doubt. The tunnel does lean over much easier than it did previously. I can also grab the cross bar on the handle bars with one hand and pull the sled on its side. Couldn't do that before considering I do have the assault with the wide front end. I hopped back and forth between my assault and the 14 XM sitting right next to it. The pro motion kit leans the sled over much more than the XM with less effort. I am excited to try it out on the snow which hopefully won't be to long from now.

How much do you weigh?

#canadastrong

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
so its officially not a gimmick now?or a bandaid?

I'm looking forward to the feedback on this, because it really seems like a gimmick to me. It makes total sense that it would be easier to tip on the garage floor, but seems to me that it would be a complete failure on the side of a snow covered hill.:noidea: Wouldn't it want to right itself all the time, with that huge gyroscope, called a track, spinning more upright than if it were rigid? Adding another flex point between you and the track just seems completely wrong.:noidea:

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I agree completely. Curious to see how it rides, but I feel the xm already does that. It seems to me like its easier to initiate a side hill, but it continually tries to was back instead of hold a steady line.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Definitely looking for more info on this as well, especially with anyone running a 3" track and the Pro-motion.

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
You will notice it with edge-to-edge transfer, it should make the machine far easier and more enjoyable to ride. At this point, not having something like this will leave you behind. I just hope it holds up, I'm a little weary thats it pivot point is unsupported.

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
The cross shaft is a nice machined shaft, much like a billet axle. Instead of a heim joint like the xm uses it has a uni ball setup. It's a very stout unit, I am more worried about the radius rod under the rear shock failing due to fatigue from all the torsion. Off-road guys will understand how much abuse uni ball setups can take.

I
Nov 26, 2007
T-motion is the new ported track. It'll last a few years and slowly fade away as the novelty wears off. Maybe one manufacturer will cling to it as a marketing gimmick longer than the rest.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
On the showroom floor it looks great. On steep sidehill it panels out earlier. Polaris use this same argument in there 15 brochure. I'm not saying its a gimmick, but it is maybe a better piece on a sled that needs help in that department. One of the Pros biggest assets is the chassis, and the way it sidehills. IMO, don't miss with it. Buuuut if i still had my RT1000, it would be getting one fore sure

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Total gimmick, in my opinion!
When trying to hold a solid line on a sidehill, the last thing you need is a "teeter totter" suspension. I have ridden the XM and Pro same day, same snow, same line, and the Pro is BY FAR superior in holding a sidehill line. . . no question about it!

Now, for the showroom jockeys, this should be da shiz. . . .lmao!!

Cheers!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I agree completely. Curious to see how it rides, but I feel the xm already does that. It seems to me like its easier to initiate a side hill, but it continually tries to was back instead of hold a steady line.

BUT it still does hold a sidehill 1000x better than an XP... so then the question is why, if its not the tmotion? I can bet you it isn't the narrower body work alone. That being said I still do think it is a "band-aid" and doo should have redesigned the XP completely.

Still don't think this is needed or necessary on the pro, but maybe it is something that will prove it self and be part of the future. Time will tell. I just don't really see a reason to mess with the way the pro handles, its awesome the way it is, of course there could be improvements, there always can be, but I see them being in different places than a pivoting rear suspension.

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
I don't think it will hold a side hill easier and that's not the intention of it either. It helps get the sled on its side initially. This helps for guys like me that are not 250 lbs ready to ride. I am not saying it's the greatest thing ever for the industry but it could help some individuals. I am excited to try it and if it doesn't perform I will remove it. If you think it's a gimmic then the easiest thing for you to do is simply not buy one.

Icr...... Is it a gimmic like turbo yamahas?

I
Nov 26, 2007
I don't think it will hold a side hill easier and that's not the intention of it either. It helps get the sled on its side initially. This helps for guys like me that are not 250 lbs ready to ride. I am not saying it's the greatest thing ever for the industry but it could help some individuals. I am excited to try it and if it doesn't perform I will remove it. If you think it's a gimmic then the easiest thing for you to do is simply not buy one.

Icr...... Is it a gimmic like turbo yamahas?

I don't understand the comparison but I'll say yes just to be agreeable.

Have you tried narrower A arms? I liked the 36" A arms on my pro, it made the sled easier to tip and more fun to ride in most conditions.

I spent a day on an xm and the t motion was my least favorite thing about the sled, that's why I'm skeptical about adding it to a pro. Different chassis though so maybe it'll be an improvement? Gotta go to know.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i was asking myself that as i read the post. im 200 and if i look at my pro cross eyed in the shop it falls over on its side

Yah im ..... Mid high 200s. I can almost arm curl 140 lbs if not at least once.

If it side hills the garage with a 140 lb guy it might roll over on me just pulling away from the parking lot! Hahaha

#canadastrong

Premium Features