• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Det issues !?!? Stumped

K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
Last week in Revy I was riding my proclimb 800 turbo, and I was having detonation issues. I was running 50/50 112 rg/pump gas at 10psi. So the next day I ran straight 112 rg and still had a couple det codes (ecu21) on the display. My plugs looked fine, my afr was normal, the sled didn't bog out or fall on it's face, my knock sensor is tight in the head, I don't understand... Should I be worried about this? I'm running a stage 2 ovs hot side, boondocker intercooled cold side, rktek turbo head and a boost it box. I'm gonna change my plugs and maybe take my knock sensor out and reseat it in the head, and run straight 112 again. See if that does anything. Is there any other little things I should check for that could cause detonation codes??

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
check for ANYTHING that might be hitting something when the motor is running, and check torque on the sensor itself. This happens from time to time... COULD be a bad sensor, but I'd put a shiny quarter on it being something hitting fooling the sensor.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I have strange det codes from time to time as well. I wonder if it isnt a rev limiter thing similar to the poos.. . just something to thing about.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Do you have the stinger in the pipe cut? That has caused lots of det codes for us in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Mine did that too me last year in Revy running 10 on straight AV all day. Did it even at 8. Next day reeds exploded so they were chipped. I'd check your reeds! Put turbo ones in an haven't had a problem yet.

K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
I'm running brand new stock m1000 reeds... Fawk I hope they're not chipped, reeds are such a pain in the *** to get at :mad:

What reeds are you running?

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Yup major pain. Running boysen turbo specific. Been great. Lasted all last season and checked em pre season an still mint. Probly 1000 miles on them. Go on eBay an buy a 25 dollar lil bore scope cam you plug into computer. Take charge pipe off shove in charge box. Works perfect for quick checks!

K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
That's a pretty good idea! Thanks snopro! I'll check those god awful reeds on days off and see what I find. I have a set of boyeseen turbo reeds in the shop I pulled from a buddies sled still brand new, the guy tuning his sled refused to tune it with those reeds, said they were prone to cracking up.

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
my 13 actually tripped the det sensor twice on my stock break in trip i revy. but hasnt once since i installed my ovs kit. check the sensors like the other guys said. you dont fill up at the chevron do you

Premium Features