• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 m8000 sno pro antifreeze tube leak?

M
Oct 23, 2013
I have a brand new m8000 2017 i started it up today
and antifreeze is leaking from clear tube this tube is below
the secondary clutch but secured to left side panel area.
is this normal antifreeze come from here? thanks?

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
When I got my 14 new I had problems losing coolant in mine. It never overheated and would leak when I had it upside down as well. Caught it once with almost no coolant in the bottle. Filled and after a short time did it again. Brought it to dealer and he suspected it had a bubble in the line. He ran it for a awhile just on idle and didn’t really do anything else and the bubble apparently worked itself out. He also filled the coolant bottle almost to the brim. Haven’t had any issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
it is the over flow line. pull the cap off of the coolant bottle and make sure there is now debris between the rubber seal and the bottle. if the coolant is over the full line it will purge out this line until the correct lever is reached.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I had to bend the tabs in a bit on the cap on my '14 to get it to stop blowing the coolant out of the cap.

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
I had the problem with the cap on my 16 as well. Bought one on amazon for a few bucks and haven't had a problem since.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I must have had this same issue. I had my sled apart not too long ago and noticed the coolant was insanely low, not even close to visible in the filler neck.

Makes me think some starting issues I had last year were because of it.

runner

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Canada
Mine puked air with a bit of antifreeze a few times when new, figured it was air in the system finding its way out.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Just found this issue with a 14 that I bought last season, I noticed the level was low so I filled it, tipped sled over to access right side belt drive, antifreeze came out. Turned out that cap was loose, these caps suck to tighten, > I filled again, tighten the cap and puller over again, no leak this time. Also you can remove all the torks screws except for the 2 underneath on hood to access filler neck with a funnel. This gives you enough movement.

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
When you tighten the cap it hits a stop and seems like it won’t go further,but you need to push down on it and continue twisting to actually seal it. Doesn’t take a lot of force to push it down, but it is easy to get fooled into thinking you have tightened it when you haven’t.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
While the cap is on the sled, get some pliers and pinch the tabs. Easy fix

Alpha Cat......

Premium Features