• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

voltage issues

B
Jun 26, 2008
Hey, my sled has been acting up for a bit, gauge on and off constantly. I changer the dc power relay and it was good for a ride then the issue came back, this time with a check engine light code 167-4 for low voltage. With that the gauge would come and go until it completely stopped working. Doing some testing today and find that if I unplug the fuel pump and run it off a separate 12v source the voltage at the dc power plug above the clutch would go from .2vdc to 7.9-8vdc and the gauge would come on with the cel. Prior to unplugging the fuel pump voltage at the dc plug would fluctuate between 0v - 5v - 8v during separate starts(hope that makes sense) aside from a new fuel pump I`m trying to figure out where to go from here.

B
Jun 26, 2008
Anyone have a part number for just the fuel pump? I have the walbro number F20000286 and am hopping to get one local but napa and lordco cant match it. Would like to source something today so I can get the rest of this issue sorted out.

B
Jun 26, 2008
ordered a walbro, should be here next week. Looks like ill be doing a stator as well, went and tested it after ordering a pump.

yellow - yellow 0ohm
black - black 0ohm
orange - orange 0.9ohm
green - white/green 176ohm
white - white/red 176ohm
black - ground 79ohm

after that I put a jumper wire from the engine block to the chassis ground and got some different results
yellow - yellow 0.2ohm
black - black 0.3ohm
orange - orange 0.9ohm
green - white/green 181.3ohm
white - white/red 182.1ohm
black - ground 0.2ohm

wilsonck

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Calgary, Ab
ordered a walbro, should be here next week. Looks like ill be doing a stator as well, went and tested it after ordering a pump.

yellow - yellow 0ohm
black - black 0ohm
orange - orange 0.9ohm
green - white/green 176ohm
white - white/red 176ohm
black - ground 79ohm

after that I put a jumper wire from the engine block to the chassis ground and got some different results
yellow - yellow 0.2ohm
black - black 0.3ohm
orange - orange 0.9ohm
green - white/green 181.3ohm
white - white/red 182.1ohm
black - ground 0.2ohm

Did you get the pump and try putting it in? I have a 2015 and I took my pump and hoses out of my tank because last time out, I heard the pump making some wheezing noises. I can't see how you get the pump out of the grey casing. I got the bottom off, but couldn't get the pump to slide out. What year was your sled?

wilsonck

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Calgary, Ab
fuel pump and regulator should be here tomorrow, sled is a 2013

polaris part number for the fuel pump kit is the same as my 2015, so let me know how it goes - if you are able to get the walbro pump out of the grey casing and if there are any issues afterwards.

I may have to try the same thing.

B
Jun 26, 2008
Got the pump swapped out yesterday and it seamed to fix the issue. If by the gray housing you mean the plastic top where the supply and return lines go then yes. There is a small piece of black rubber hose that connects the return on the pump to the plastic housing. I had to take a small screw driver and kind of pry the two away from each other as I couldn't separate it by hand, after that you can just unplug the electrical connector on top of the pump and install your new one. The pump I ended up getting is from highflow.com part number hpf404 (going off memory will correct it if wrong) I'm assuming it's their rebranded walbro. Will hopefully be trying it out this sunday.

Premium Features