• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

144 psi to much for pump gas?

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
I installed a mcb fix kit with forged pistons in a 13 pro this winter.
I mentioned on another thread that it has 144lbs psi and another helpful SW'er mentioned thats high enough to cause DET on pump gas.

I only run clear 91, is this really a recipe for DET on an otherwise stock sled?

Stock and fresh Doo's spec 150 and run pump gas without probs, but perhaps their timing accommodates the higher compressions?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
That caught my eye in your other post. It will depend alot on lots of variables like altitude your riding and your squish. Not familiar with their kit but some fix kits will tighten up squish to the tight side. But 144 sounds pretty high to me for pump gas.

What altitude are you checking compression? Is that same hot and cold?

A stock Pro/Axys will have 125 at sea-level.

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
I installed a mcb fix kit with forged pistons in a 13 pro this winter.
I mentioned on another thread that it has 144lbs psi and another helpful SW'er mentioned thats high enough to cause DET on pump gas.

I only run clear 91, is this really a recipe for DET on an otherwise stock sled?

Stock and fresh Doo's spec 150 and run pump gas without probs, but perhaps their timing accommodates the higher compressions?

Doos inject fuel differently, can't really compare their compression numbers.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
At 2200ft 145psi is too much for pump on my sled, i run 30%av. At 8000+ft you should be fine on pump.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
At that elevation should prob run 94 octane pump fuel. you could try to run the sled in ethanol mode with non ethanol fuel as it will add fuel and reduce timing slightly. As mentioned squish height plays a large role in timing so you'll probably just have to play around.

Premium Features