• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 turbo rebuild and update

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
So extremely long story short, I bought up someone else's hackjob of a turbo sled last spring. The sled turned out to have problem after problem. The wiring harness was a mess of scotch locks, butt connectors, and bullet connectors. It was leaking fluid out of every spot imaginable.

So this summer/fall I had to make the choice to sell it and forget about it or go through it and fix it. Well my pride got the best of me as I have a problem with a sled getting the best of me.

The update/rebuild consisted of:
Strip down sled and start from scratch to assess depth of mess
Rebuild engine from bottom up
seat
skis
two wheel kit/billet wheels
polish tunnel
Mountain Addiction gas rack
Dump Boondocker box and harness and update to Dobeck box
Delete battery and update to Twisted's capacitor/rectifier setup
Get rid of auxiliary injector setup in charge box and switch to Cutler's 50mm dual injector throttle bodies
Build complete separate wiring harness for accessories and tie into main harness ONCE
New hood w/ SCS wrap, MoFlow headlight delete, and Cat FrogSkins

So far I have a few good tuning rides getting it dialed in and the thing rips again, finally.

BEFORE:
IMG_1162e.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
that thing turned out CLEAN.. you my friend have an eye for detail... I wish my dads t-m7 was down in bozo.. looks like you might kno your way around the wiring harness a bit.

and that piston looks like a pair I have had my hands on...

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
how much $ do u have in that sled now? total

do u feel u made the right choice ?
nice sled

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Thanks guys. I definitely think I made the right choice. I couldn't consciously sell it knowing that it was a half-assed install so I thought I would fix it right and then maybe get rid of it.

It's a fun sled now and I'm not sure I want to get rid of it. I don't have a $$$ amount but I think my update was about $1500 or so and countless hours of labor.

It's a little over built with the 2871 turbo, 2.5" charge tube, 50mm dual injector throttle bodies but it will never be starving for air or fuel. It runs hard and does surprisingly good on fuel consumption.

I like building sleds as much as I like riding them so I'm sure soon enough I'll put this one up for sale too and do something else.

Premium Features