• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front skid shock position w/revalve???

P
Apr 9, 2010
Sartell, MN
Have my 144" skid out to replace cracked front torque arm and had Fox zero pros rebuilt/revalved for my weight (265) at the same time. Question for the suspension gurus out there.....I was thinking of installing the front track shock in the lower torque arm mounting hole with #225 spring upgrade from Carl's-limiters in the middle.....Anyone running with this set up/thoughts if my goal is to change track angle a bit for off trail and increase ski pressure on trail to get there? Don't want to crack another torque arm because of added pressure by changing shock position and not enough give with stiffer revalve/spring!

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Lower position is a way better overall ride. Heavier rear torsion springs are a must as well.

P
Apr 9, 2010
Sartell, MN
I have upgraded torsion springs....375/47's....They worked well this last season, but could tell my rear shocks really needed to be revalved to help them out! Thanks for the opinion:face-icon-small-coo I was just checking on here because one of the guys at Carl's Cycle said that moving front skid shock to lower position in IQ chassis could make it bottom out more often....Not sure that should happen much with #225 spring/revalve???

Premium Features