• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 900 RMK Handling

C

cwrolson

Jan 27, 2010
Williston, ND/Billings, MT
I've read posts about changing from a 160lb front shock spring to a 225lb spring. My question there is that I only weigh 160lbs, will this impede rollover when side hilling on hard snow?

I also read to get different spindles and skis. I like this sled but I'm wondering if instead of spending a bunch of money on parts, if I should just buy a newer dragon with walker evans shocks allready on it.

Any advice would be appreciated

2strokes_are_awesome

Dec 8, 2007
Flat and Boring
I don't have too much experience with the 900 but there are people that will tell you the early iq rmks (05-06) can be made to handle very well and that is true but the iq raw rmks (07 and up) require less effort to maneuver and are overall a better handling machine. Plus you can pickup a d8 for relatively close nothing and install a fix kit and pcv and get a kick *** sled that will last if you take good care of it.

I say go for a newwer one, d7 or d8 and if its an 8 take care of the motor concerns right away.

C

cwrolson

Jan 27, 2010
Williston, ND/Billings, MT
Thanks a bunch for your input. I'm leaning toward getting a newer sled for next year hopin to find a deal on an 08 Dragon with the walker shocks, a pipe and can. I'm lookin for a semi-stand up seat too. Anyways, thanks

Premium Features