• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 700 Dragon that has been sputtering at low R's

K

kevsled59

Dec 13, 2007
I have an 08 700 Dragon with 1100 miles that has run great until this season. I store it on a garage in Island Park. I put stabilizer in and fog as the manual tells me. Well this season I went out west twice. The first time in Feb and the second in March. I didn't put any stabilizer in after riding in February. I was told ther is alot of bad gas in the area due to low usage. I was also told to use isopropyl each fill which I had never done in the past. I took it into Mountain Mayhem and the mechanic checked the valves, the injectors, the compression which all came back looking good. He drained the tank and found water in the gas so he soaked it up. My question is that it seamed to run better on the way back to the cabin, but we had to hit the road the same day and I didn't get to ride more than 20 miles. Is there something else wrong or do you think we found the issue?

L

lognomore

Oct 25, 2008
Red Bluff, Ca.
If you haven't changed your fuel filter you need to do that. Usually that will affect more of the full throttle operation then part throttle. But anytime water gets into the system it will stop up the filter.

Premium Features