• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

challenger extreme 2.5 for rmk...how are they holding up??

Nov 26, 2007
how is everybody liking the 155x2.5 challenger extreme?? looking to buy but wanted to see how the lugs are holding up and how good they hook up. mines an 09 rmk 700 and the stock track the lugs are all bent over and doesnt hook up for crap

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
They do well but the Powerclaw does better. Plus, with the Powerclaw, paddle to cooler clearance doesn't get nearly as choked off as it does with a C.E. Unless you doo a drop n roll.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
mine is holding up great, other then it hitting the pavement on the track stand and losing part of a paddle, I love these tracks. just got another one for my other sled

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
mine is holding up great, other then it hitting the pavement on the track stand and losing part of a paddle, I love these tracks. just got another one for my other sled
Are you running stock drivers, do you have a drop and roll kit?

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
how is everybody liking the 155x2.5 challenger extreme?? looking to buy but wanted to see how the lugs are holding up and how good they hook up. mines an 09 rmk 700 and the stock track the lugs are all bent over and doesnt hook up for crap
You should edit your thread to include, "what have you done, if anything, to run this track?" ie., drivers, drop and roll, anti stab, ect.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
153 PC on a IQ

is the powerclaw a 153? im assuming it takes diff drivers also

My sled has a 153 PC with Avid Drivers for two seasons. This season I added a FTX Drop & Roll kit. Picked up 400 rpms in the steep and deep and can hold 8000rpms when climbing. The sled also handles better on the trail with a smoother ride.

akrevrider

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Depends on the snow you ride most in Dave..I ran the CE 2.5 on my dragon after watching the M's with the powerclaw perform great in some snow and trench like crazy in others...I found the CE did excellent in all conditions, giving up a very very small amount to the single ply 5.1 in champayne powder....the extreme outperforms the 5.1 in all other conditions.. as for mods on the dragon...holz skid, 2.5 extreme 163x 2.86 pitch, stock drivers, no antistab, fastrax drop and roll...when I added the extreme I ended up taking about a gram off the weights to get the clutching back to where I had it with the stock track...the extreme hooks way harder then the stock track......
Am thinking about doing the 3" extreme on my pro for next season...I need to do some more measuring this summer..but am thinking I can do it with no drop case, and still get the needed clearence..will check on it in the fall and see what will work...........

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
Are you running stock drivers, do you have a drop and roll kit?

you can run stock drivers, I am running 9t avids. I do not have a drop and roll. it will fit. I can't justify spending the money on a drop and roll on my sleds so I just run them. I have enough money in them already. But there is a benefit to a drop and roll if you want to do it

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
you can run stock drivers, I am running 9t avids. I do not have a drop and roll. it will fit. I can't justify spending the money on a drop and roll on my sleds so I just run them. I have enough money in them already. But there is a benefit to a drop and roll if you want to do it
Thanks. I am just not interested in changing out my drivers or doing a drop and roll. With a tunnel dump, drop and roll kit is going to be a pain. I really, if anything, just want to run stock drivers and just put the stock replacement CE and replace the 5.1 but not sure how much I would gain. Don't really want to replace the drivers when the ones I have work just fine. I know it would be tight but just wondering if I would gain anything. Wondering if what I gained would be lost by the tight clearance. Also we have a lot of light powder and heard the 5.1 does better in dry light powder.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
Thanks. I am just not interested in changing out my drivers or doing a drop and roll. With a tunnel dump, drop and roll kit is going to be a pain. I really, if anything, just want to run stock drivers and just put the stock replacement CE and replace the 5.1 but not sure how much I would gain. Don't really want to replace the drivers when the ones I have work just fine. I know it would be tight but just wondering if I would gain anything. Wondering if what I gained would be lost by the tight clearance. Also we have a lot of light powder and heard the 5.1 does better in dry light powder.

the difference is night and day, I would put a 42t gear on also while you have it off, In my opinion putting a camo extreme on your sled is probably the best bang for your buck. if you guys were here in WA I would show you and let you ride it.

Premium Features