• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFT Racing Billet T3 Spindles

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
Introducing

•OFT Racing is very proud to release our new solution to the weak Spindles on the Ski-doo Sleds with the "RAS 2" front suspension.

•Designed to be far stronger than stock, they're machined from a solid block of 6061 T6 Aluminum.

•Designed with increased ski rubber contact surface for longer life.

•Ski Spacers included to allow the ski to be centered on the spindle.

$499.95/set

Natural Sets will be shipping by 1-29-16

Black Anodized with post machined accents will ship about 2 weeks later. (+$50)

Fits All Sleds with "RAS 2" Front suspension.

Summit T3
All MXZ models excluding the "Sport"
All Renegade models excluding the "Sport"

All XM Chassis excluding "Sport" models

http://oftracing.com/OnlineStore15/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35&products_id=178

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Nice Spindles but Boy you guys missed the mark on this one.

What the XM sleds relay need is a Billet or CromMolly
S module with bracing build right in I would pay the $500 for that and let the spindles bend to not need the expensive time-consuming repairs. This stronger spinels will assure moe damage to S&E modules. Just my thoughts about it.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
Thank you for your input.

As we all know weak front ends on the doo is an issue much deeper than the spindles as you said. They have been bending for many years. We all know that throwing a weak spindle on a weak front end does not fix the problem but bracing or an aftermarket S mod is whole different subject.

We have had the RAS 2 front end for almost a season and a half now. We have monitored many sleds in the R&D of this spindle. All we have been able to conclude is that people are now going through S modules and multiple sets of spindles a year. Not to mention people blowing ski rubbers in as little as 1 ride. We have not found anything to truly support the spindles saving the S modules.

jjmyzrider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
Helena, MT
Looks like a very nice product! I just ordered a spindle from Skidoo, and the left side is on back order. They did a dealer locate, and one is on its way. You will probably sell quite a few of these. I wish I would have seen this earlier.

With that being said, it made me think. If this is a weak point, I'm ok with that, it is better than changing E and S modules. I have the Skidoo brace on my sled, and i think those (e & S mods) are still straight. I have had glancing hits off of rocks and trees. Never hit anything straight on. If this is a weak spot, why not design a replaceable spindle top? My thought was to cut the spindle in half (horizontally) at the mounting point of the tie-rod end. If it were dove tailed together and held in place by the bolt for the tie-rod, could that work? Would it be strong enough to hold together, and just bend the replaceable top half? Seems like a business like yours could make money selling the replacements, and save some people money, if they are not replacing modules. Not sure that it could work, just a thought and idea that may help someone with cooler tools and more knowledge than me! I do think that you have a great looking product, best of luck with them.....I'm sure I will need them soon enough.

summitking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lumby
After bending both my spindles last season and wrecking multiple ski rubbers I'm glad to see someone has finally built a product to address the RAS 2 front end short comings.
I can't wait to get a set of these on my sled.
Good job OFT.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I still want an upgraded S Module I am like 2 year old with a temper tantrum I want I want :face-icon-small-ton

With 8 years of sleds with the same problem an upgraded s module and a proven method of e module bracing will sell like hotcakes.

Icing on the cake would make the a arms easier to change. :)

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So here is the question. . . Is the A-arm geometry different on the RAS-2 compared to say the suspension on a 2014 summit? Or can one just put the spindles on and have RAS2?

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
We are still locating all the exact differences in the front ends to come up with the best solution to putting the RAS 2 front end on older sleds. But I can tell you that the steering stop on the RAS 2 spindle will not allow it to turn nearly as tight on a non RAS 2 lower A arm. This causing it to be not possible to just swap spindles (either OEM or ours).

Premium Features