• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox float 3 burandt

J

johnlafrance_8

Feb 18, 2012
Alberta
In the installation manual it shows the EVOL reservoir to the top. Which when installed you can read Burandts signature. In skinz new videos, which i realize i have stock suspension and they are using theirs, the shocks are inverted. Anyone know why or if there is a difference??

20141121_001933.jpg 20141121_165452.jpg

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
In the installation manual it shows the EVOL reservoir to the top. Which when installed you can read Burandts signature. In skinz new videos, which i realize i have stock suspension and they are using theirs, the shocks are inverted. Anyone know why or if there is a difference??

I watched the same clip yesterday , thought it was odd to have the shaft seal facing up so water got in easy? let the air out of the shocks and see at full stroke if the Evol chamber hits the top of the spindle or top arm ? If not run them like you have them. Its possible the skinz version has a different shock top cap / Evol chamber

P

powerfuldodge

Jan 30, 2011
Fort Mcmurray
I just emailed fox the see if it matters which way the are installed. I have 36" front end and with the chamber on the bottom I have to remove the shock to get air in the evo chamber . If I could have the chamber on the top everything would be good

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Last year production, first year for the FLOAT 3's ... If they were strictly FLOAT3 EVOL-R's... you couldn't install them with the chamber up, as the knob would not clear the bulkhead. So you would have to install them with the EVOL chamber down.

If you had the FLOAT3, NON EVOL model last year you could mount them with the chamber up as it had no knob to interfere.

SEE This thread
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383596

This year the FLOAT3 EVOL, AND THE FLOAT3 EVOL-R shocks are able to be mounted in the preferred "EVOL chamber UP" position. The EVOL-RC2 (aka, EVOL-X) from ALL years, including current models, must be mounted with the piggyback compression reservoir up and the EVOL chamber down...

It does not matter if the shock is mounted either way....Up OR Down... does not matter to the function of the shock.

The bushings for the 2013+ have an 8mm bush at one end and a 10mm at the other.... those are interchangeable depending on how you want to mount them.

Premium Features