• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Closed again

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
What in the world is going on ???? I have seen more post being closed this year than I can remember . I did not see any reason to close the FIX KIT post for a cooling off period . I have seen alot worse .
I pay to be on here because I like the information on new products and to hear what the aftermarket boys are dreaming up next .
As far as I know this is still a free country where you should beable to voice your opions and to have free speech .
I already have a goverment that wants to control my life .
In my opion as long as they have good soild facts and are not posting derogatory information and cutting anyone down I see no reason to close a post.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
It's temporary beam.

And I have to deal with more crap than you can imagine.

2 days is FAR from censorship my friend.

But thank you for your opinion.

Can you tell me which posts have been closed that were not requested by the original posting member?

Dec 4, 2007
Idaho
I agree. I'm glad you started the post because I wanted to. I didn't see anything to far out of line. I actually thought it was informative and not slanderous in any way (yet). Nothing compared to the "PAR" post. I thought the different perspectives were helpful. Either way, I too thought it should have remained open. Feels like we are being baby sat. Although, somtimes it is needed.

H

HenkeEdge

Sep 3, 2012
Sweden
I agree. I'm glad you started the post because I wanted to. I didn't see anything to far out of line. I actually thought it was informative and not slanderous in any way (yet). Nothing compared to the "PAR" post. I thought the different perspectives were helpful. Either way, I too thought it should have remained open. Feels like we are being baby sat. Although, somtimes it is needed.

Couldn´t the moderators be harder? Like before the -14 release how many "joke-threads" weren´t there? Its maby fun with the first but it´s getting annoying pretty quick when you think there is some new info posted.

Also all this double, tripple or quad-thread starts about same topic. Thats just very bad "netiquette". The main root to that problem can possible be that non-paying members only can read first 75 posts in bigger threads. But users should learn to use the search function better, ..or is it only moderators that should start combine more threads together?

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
No MH I can not name which post . Bad memory. It just seems like I have seen a few this yr.
But from all the responses I do not believe I am the only one that feels this way.
It is not my intention to give you crap or to stir the pot but I seen no reason to close that post . Unlike the Jones34 post where name calling comes in to play that is just wrong . I try and keep a open mind and not criticize any person just comment on the product .
It is too bad most threads turn bad because some people just can not get past that everyone should think like they do .
Maybe it is just me but I am tried of seen things CLOSED ,riding areas,hunting areas,camping areas you get the picture and than when my spell check doesn't work it just's puts me over the top

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
The burden of truth lol.

If you read last years threads or the year before or the summer lol Beam, you get pretty much the same thing anyway.

The fix lol. Question comes up. Usually directed at customers but ends up different.

How many miles? How much HP? Then really the questions are just skirted because no one is willing to rip apart a good runner to prove ANYTHING about the product. You know like before and after measurements that everyone wants to know.
I think I now know why the HP questions are skirted too. Might be wrong but the Poo 800 does not dyno well. The motor makes decent power (we've all felt it) it just does not hold it a full load. Untill you know why (then you would have to sell it with the "fix kit") you won't get an impressive dyno number to advertise. If you post a good dyno sheet you will have to tell the customer how to reproduce it if they dyno it themselves.
Too much burden of truth I guess.

If you REALLY read what is there (not what you want to read) you see the best most proven set up is the guys posting with miles on the stocker. Ya right, that POS that you got out of the box.
Sorry but thems the facts right now. Some people are saying that they would love to have a reliable 2000mile motor lol. There's lots out there if you lose the blinders. Heck I'm 3/4 of the way there in less than a season and I definately don`t have 12 plus thou. of clearance. I don`t need to measure anything to know that. I`d hear it with the shop doors closed.
Mine has a "fix kit" though, applied since new. 32 to 1 semi syn oil use and enough fuel to show some color on the plugs from new.

Lots of talk about piston clearances in these threads too. Taper bores were used alot in the air cooled 2 smoke days. It was used to compensate for expansion differences of the barrel and pistons at max running temps. Maybe the Pro has this for that reason not a manufacturing error. I don't know. I do know no one has pointed out why this is wrong except to talk about cold piston clearances. I do know my engine reacts to load like an air cooled engine for cylinder head temps. I almost installed some old spark plug temp gauges but they didn't fit lol.

Cold piston clearances. Every manufacturer from Honda to Liberty does their homework and engineering to find out what's going on at running temps. They come up with ideal clearance and always err on the side of safe clearance for production. Why, cause some one might use the Mototune method of break-in or get too excited to let thing warm up after every start. Real world.
No one talks about running temp clearances. I'd like to know. I read about 4 to 6 thou lost clearance in a 1000 miles??? That's a LOT of wear. Seen it if some one forgot and air filter on a dirt bike and seen it when a piston cylinder was overheated causing too tight a clearance. But that's not wear that's a piston collapse.
Usually a piston worn out from dirt just slows down and dies with very sharp piston rings lol. Usually a piston that collapses it's skirt cracks that skirt if not replaced. What is really happening on the Poo 800? I still don't know after reading hours of threads on how to "fix it". Good thing is after a almost a season I still don't need to "fix it".

Performance gains? Since the first 2 skt was made then taken apart to search for more power the shim method (or lower piston crown) has be successfully used to gain port
duration for more top end power.
Longer rods can do the same with the added benefit of getting more air pushed up to the top. This usually adds to the power band and torque as well.
Then there's the ones we all know, added compression and pipes. All will certainly provide performance gains you just need to decide if torque or HP moves you and how much you got to spend.

If there is a fix or need for it i still don't know lol. I do know there are lots of stockers out there living beyond 2000 miles. Some of them in horrific conditions with only 60 or 70 to 1 oil ratios with EPA lean fuel and timing.
Those facts make me feel comfortable with mine.

Dec 4, 2007
Idaho
NEWDUCK, You did not upset me in the least little bit.

I do not get upset easily.

I simply responded with tested & proven info.

Dan

This was the point I was trying to make. There are people on these forums that when they speak/type I listen/read. I enjoy the information they are willing to share. I thought dans post was just that. That's why I didn't like the closure.

The only thing I really know and have experienced with the "fix kits" that I have been around, is how much smoother the engines run. Much less vibration. In my mind that leads me to believe they will run much longer??? My pro with 400 miles still vibrates like a pig. That's why i am looking into "fixing" it

Premium Features