• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 GOGGLES w/ RX Goggles-prescription Lenses

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Is anybody wearing these? How do they work for you? Can't wear contac's and glasses under goggles just don't work very well. Have been using Pro Vue and they seem to fog very quick when I start to turn it up on the snow. If you are using something differn't then 509 RX or Pro Vue can you let me know what you are using Thx

B
Oct 13, 2012
S.E. SK
I'm using RX inserts in Sinister II's, they work good, I can see very well, easy to install/remove for cleaning, they'll scratch up the 509 lenses where they rub on the sides, not noticeable from the outside tho. Fogging isn't much of an issue if you have a no-fog mask or a good breathe box seal (anything will fog up if breathe/moisture get to them). No fogging when the airs moving, but if you stop sometimes you have to take them off to avoid fogging (not all the time). Same thing if ur breathing heavy or stuck.

FYI they are expensive, and i noticed my glasses fit very well in the sinisters, so if u dont wanna pony up the doh try that first. Also, can't fit the de-fog fan module in the goggles if u have an insert (I hear they don't work anyway). And RX doesn't make an insert for aviators, just sinisters.

Last edited:

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
We have installed a couple pairs for people here in store, and they seem to not have any issues as long as the goggle seals to their face well. Like stated above, sometimes they do scratch the inside of the lens and frame though where they rest.

Premium Features