• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CRTPRO

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
when building your own fuel line and filter be sure double sure nothings rubbing after final assembly. using the correct clamps and hose. tripple check it. my line started leaking at the end of the day and i didnt loose that much fuel. thought the clams just werent tight enough but looking closer the clamps werent the problem, well totally. make sure the extra threads arent touching anything or going to touch anything. my excess threads were rubbing the return line but im pretty sure the hose is not damaged just the outer loom is rubbed through.

my leak was coming from the filter itself. i have a silber kit and allthough the filter was not touching anything when i built it, it did rest on my air box after i installed my intake hose. didnt notice oops

you can see the rub mark on the aluminum here. it was pissin out of the rib of the filter. they arent very thick at all

2013-03-02_16-42-06_897_zps16916b75.jpg

Screenshot_2013-02-27-19-59-32_zps2ec377d8.png

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
What better place to start a list!
Last ride out I lost a the PTO cyl. Still rode it in the trailer after a few lockups.
So, I've been picking at the repair ever since
Going with
PAR long rod crank
Re nikasil cyls
Rkt pistons
Hopeing for the silber upgrade
- upgrade comes with new injectors I believe they were the problem
-- rebuilt or upgraded turbo
---not sure on controller or ecu
Need arm to fix my AFR senders
Re shim motor mounts
Rebuild shocks

Just some usual routine maintainance ya know

Last edited:

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Dang man this sled has some bad karma with it! Need to go help an old lady across the street with it. That tunnel is sick looking tho. how many miles were on it when you lost a cylinder?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
That will leave a mark. Been there done that! Of course they don't think I'm human at work because I don't let little things like that slow me down much. Recover and get it built dude!

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Right at 1600 I believe.
Should be a fresh start this time
Was makeing some good headway today till I shot myself in the eye with brake cleaner

Not the first time you've taken a shot of fluid to the eye
and wont be the last huh Josh!!:whip:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The secret to any welding is the fit up! Take your time there and the welding is easy. Needs to be clean also before striking the first arc. IMO TIG welding is the only way to go.

Sorry it fought you, you likely skimped on the prep. That will bite you every time. Better luck next time, hang in there.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Got it apart and indexed.

My pipe cope job created more work. It warped so I re milled the mate face but that turned out kind of crooked so the bottom mount base is quite a bit off and since the flange was now thinner I had to cut a quarter inch off all the bolts so they didn't bottom in the housing holes

Premium Features