• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

enclosed trailer, road side or curb side front ramp?

S

STORMY

Nov 26, 2007
MN
looking at enclosed trailers and wondering what works the best, (i'm assuming road side but i see alot of curb side for sale?) what's the pro's and con's of both? thanks

sandorsnow

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2009
utah
I've had both, and it doesn't matter to me. The only difference was in my driveway, but still not a deal breaker. The only thing that matters to me was the fuel doors being on the drivers side, same as my truck, wich most trailers are. Just get the best one for the best price.

M
Sep 14, 2010
iowa
When I orderd my trailer I wanted every thing on the drivers side. Fuel and walk in door have to be on the drivers side. Hate to push the gas hose in the gas door. Then have to wak around trailer to get in the trailer. You can see better if you might need to get close to the pump. Some places i've been the hose is real short. Hate to catch a trailer.

Ramp door is also on drivers side. Just in case you have to park along a street and unload there. When going to some where close I want the ramp on drivers side. That way thers no need to walk around the trailer from being in drivers seat of pickup.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
When I orderd my trailer I wanted every thing on the drivers side. Fuel and walk in door have to be on the drivers side. Hate to push the gas hose in the gas door. Then have to wak around trailer to get in the trailer. You can see better if you might need to get close to the pump. Some places i've been the hose is real short. Hate to catch a trailer.

Ramp door is also on drivers side. Just in case you have to park along a street and unload there. When going to some where close I want the ramp on drivers side. That way thers no need to walk around the trailer from being in drivers seat of pickup.

Good Comment on the walk in and fuel door. Our last trailer had them on the pasenger side and it was a pain when you wanted to fuel up the truck and sleds at the same time. As far as the front ramp door the only time it kind of mattered was at the old house the drivers side worked better...And at the new house the passenger side would have been better. But like sandorsnow said not really a deal breaker either way on that.

S

STORMY

Nov 26, 2007
MN
ya like mentioned above i would think a road side front ramp would work better since the snow is usually piled on the curbside (and not in the middle of the road or parking lot) but just about all the trailers i see have curbside ramp and walk doors

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Good Comment on the walk in and fuel door. Our last trailer had them on the pasenger side and it was a pain when you wanted to fuel up the truck and sleds at the same time. As far as the front ramp door the only time it kind of mattered was at the old house the drivers side worked better...And at the new house the passenger side would have been better. But like sandorsnow said not really a deal breaker either way on that.

Not tryin to hijack the thread but i have a 27' haulmark with the fuel door right in the middle on the driver side door. It came like this from the factory. (dont ask me y sure dosn't make any sence) What are people doin with the fuel door? I was thinkin of just putting one on the passenger side and using the curb side door for the front.

Premium Features