• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz ARC shock part number.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Anybody with a ARC kit, that can look at at the shock and see if there is a part number there?

Domes it function the same way as a Fox CTD BootValve bike shock?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Anybody with a ARC kit, that can look at at the shock and see if there is a part number there?

Domes it function the same way as a Fox CTD BootValve bike shock?

i overheard chris brown at the edmonton show saying the first gen ones were but the new ones are built for the skid specifically.......whatever that means.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
i overheard chris brown at the edmonton show saying the first gen ones were but the new ones are built for the skid specifically.......whatever that means.

Probably meant the first generation ARC kits. If that is the vmcase, it should be possible to build one for myself, at less then half of what skinz wants.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Probably meant the first generation ARC kits. If that is the vmcase, it should be possible to build one for myself, at less then half of what skinz wants.

Yah for sure, i ment whatever that means was towards the changes. Could be simple tuning, or completely different internals.

I was looking and no reason the kit couldnt cost half the price it does. Get the shock from chain reaction cycles, fab the mounts and arms. Done deal.

#canadastrong

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Yah for sure, i ment whatever that means was towards the changes. Could be simple tuning, or completely different internals.

I was looking and no reason the kit couldnt cost half the price it does. Get the shock from chain reaction cycles, fab the mounts and arms. Done deal.

#canadastrong

I agree. This ARC could be a game changer. But they woul have sold alot more, and made more money if it had cost around $500. Then i wouldve bought it also.

C
Sep 2, 2014
Milbank, SD
Has anyone found/machined an adjustable coupling block like KMOD uses on there rear swing arm, instead of going with the ARC from skinz? It would be nice to be able to couple the suspension but i don't need to control it from the handlebars. Anyone have any ideas.
Thanks
4%20postion%20quick%20coupler%20003.jpg

Premium Features