• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris hand guards

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
Are the Polaris hand guards worth running or should I sell them to get another? I got them on with 2015 and dealer never took them out of packaging.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Personally I wouldn't waste your time with stock hand guards. By about the second time you roll the sled over,after being stuck, they'll either be bent, out of adjustment or broke. If you stay on the trail and never get stuck, they you don't have to worry, but I'm guessing that's not the case.:face-icon-small-hap

rmkboy38

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2008
ME
Do your self a favor & don't bother wasting time or effort with Polaris Lock & Ride or stock setup from factory. Lock & Ride I broke one taking cover off sled last season.
Went with Rox Speed Flex- Tec on both wife's & my sleds. Major improvement & definitely way better wind protection too.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I sold the ones that came on my 15 already, I won't ever run handguards again unless they are the skinz ones to remove and run only when cold.

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
Well gave them to my dad to put on his new sportsman. Easy Christmas present lol. I might be getting the Rox flex or something like the Cyrcas.

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
The lock and ride guards are junk for sure...like said above. I am going to sell mine to a trail guy since they are brand new in the package. I was thinking of throwing a set of enduro engineering bark busters from from my KTM on. My hands get smashed off trees on sled than my bike. They sure wont break when rolled out either.

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I am of the opinion that the Lock and Ride guards are of the highest quality junk made.

2 sets of mounts and 2 sets of guards last year
-stripped bolts in their hardware
-broke 2 mounts, one in the shop on instal and one the first ride out
-broke the attachment flange on one guard on something that I wouldn't even consider to be the seedling of a tree (1/4" diamater or so)

I took all the pieces back to my dealer and had them save them to show the rep the next time he stopped in, with the message to call me
He did and asked for some background, he got my exact thoughts, said he would work towards improvements, that was last january. Not sure if any changes were ever made

R
I sold the ones that came on my 15 already, I won't ever run handguards again unless they are the skinz ones to remove and run only when cold.

The Skinz ones work great for that. Put them on when its cold and take them off on the warmer days. Flexible so they dont break when rolled over and still hard enough to handle high speeds. Work great!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I am going with the Skinz Pro Series handgaurds. I rode with Adventure Chic Chocs Backcountry guides last year and they love them. They don't crush your hand/fingers when you catch a tree or roll over like the plastic ones. I will be buying these Gobigparts.com sells them heres a link to the red ones http://www.gobigparts.com/SKINZ-PRO-HAND-GUARDS-BLACK-RED.html
Do those fit on a PRO RMK? We sold our old ones at Haydays because they do not fit the new PRO RMK's.:help:

K
Jan 18, 2013
Idaho Falls, ID
20141101_180356_zpstcwmkoqi.jpg

They fit... Just added Skinz pro handguards to my 2015.

Premium Features