• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fox floats 2

A
looking at upgrading and dropping a few pounds on my 14 pro rmk 800. i have been out of the game for a few years so i do not need to spend the big bucks on the float 3's but i am ok with the price range of the float 2's. i did see that there are some brand new float 2 sets out there. and i figured when i get use to the new style sleds (my last sled was a 2001 modded summit) i could put the upgrade kit on to improve the rideability.

any body have substantial exprerience with these and any pro/cons worth mentioning.

BTW all my riding is high mountains with mixed in boondocking.
<!-- / message -->

M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
I ran a set of Float2's for two years. Decent shock. For what your doing they will drop the weight and work just fine.

I
Nov 26, 2007
If you're only interested in saving weight there's cheaper options. If you're looking to improve the ride get aftermarket springs for the stock shocks and revalve them.

A
has anyone even ran fox float 2's on a 2014 pro? i have not been able to find any pictures nor have i found a 16-3/4" version of the shocks...i have found plenty of 17" but i think even that extra 3/4" will affect the ride substantially (IE: shock is constiantly loaded and the valves are already in use, rather than a correct length were the valves start to work at the designated time if im understanding it correctly).

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I run float 2 on the front of my 2013 pro ( same shock length as the 14 and 15 pro) so yes they do make them.

Call any fox dealer like toms snowmobile are carls cycle and they can get you the kit part number.

But if you can afford it spend the extra money and get float 3.

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Yes there better than the stock shocks but I've ridden float 3s and there even better.

There was only 2 lbs weight savings total compared to the walker Evans shocks.

A
to be honest, its a new sled and im just making it mine and i like the looks of the float 2's along with the lower price. weight savings is just a bonus and if i out grow the ability of the shocks, next summer i will just pick up the evol upgrage kit. were you able to find 16-3/4" or did you just go with 17" shocks?

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
There 16.6 length but I run aftermarket arms so they have a 10 mm bushing on the mount instead of the stock 8mm.

A
great so i will just be looking for 16.6" length?...i was under the impression the 2014 had 16.75 length shocks (not a big diference i know, but sometime it only takes a litle difrence to change the performance)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The length on the stock ski shocks on the 2013, 2014 and 2015 is the same.

16.63 extended and 10.86 collapsed.

great so i will just be looking for 16.6" length?...i was under the impression the 2014 had 16.75 length shocks (not a big diference i know, but sometime it only takes a litle difrence to change the performance)

Premium Features