For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2018, 01:30 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Cat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stupid question of the day

I can't seem to get the hood back on my '14 summit. It won't slid back far enough to line up the screws. The intake snorkel is preventing the hood from going back any further and I still need about 2 inches?????. What am I missing???

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-26-2018, 04:30 PM
Currently: throw em back!!!
146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat-man-Doo View Post
I can't seem to get the hood back on my '14 summit. It won't slid back far enough to line up the screws. The intake snorkel is preventing the hood from going back any further and I still need about 2 inches?????. What am I missing???

You have to connect the intake it rotates to lock down and then the sensor on the top needs to get plugged back in. You’ll also have a small clear plastic one on the chain case side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-26-2018, 06:22 PM
Basic Member
Cat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond reputeCat-man-Doo has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, the problem is with the intake reattached, the hood still need to go back a couple inches for the screws to line up but it can't because of the intake. Its as if the intake tube is 2" too long, which of course it can't be.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:19 PM
idahoskiguy has a reputation beyond reputeidahoskiguy has a reputation beyond reputeidahoskiguy has a reputation beyond reputeidahoskiguy has a reputation beyond reputeidahoskiguy has a reputation beyond reputeidahoskiguy has a reputation beyond reputeidahoskiguy has a reputation beyond reputeidahoskiguy has a reputation beyond reputeidahoskiguy has a reputation beyond reputeidahoskiguy has a reputation beyond reputeidahoskiguy has a reputation beyond repute

Have owned several Summit XMs of that vintage and never had any problems when taking the hoods/body apart and reassembling. Betting if you take all back apart the mistake will be revealed.

The Sko-Doo Parts website has diagrams of all assemblies which may be of help.

Cheers!

Old 12-27-2018, 06:52 AM
Basic Member
Rick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond repute

I own two of these sleds.

I'll suggest that you go slowly..... give yourself plenty of light...... and pay close attention to how the air box intake connects.

Here are some videos..... not all are good ones, so use discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...o+hood+removal

Old 12-27-2018, 07:14 AM
Currently: Undefeated Mountain Clutching Champ of the World!
kanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Use wd40 to assist with sliding the plastic into the rubber thingy. I put that chit on everything.

Old 12-27-2018, 02:55 PM
Basic Member

So, I got the hood on. Not sure what I did different but it went together. Thanks to those that responded.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Currently: Wishing I lived closer to the top....
Mort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond repute

When this happens to me it's because the tab on the front isn't seated properly. Sometimes it looks like but then when you re-seat it it will drop in and lock.

Glad you figured it out.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:32 PM
Currently: throw em back!!!
146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute146ev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort2112 View Post
When this happens to me it's because the tab on the front isn't seated properly. Sometimes it looks like but then when you re-seat it it will drop in and lock.

Glad you figured it out.

Yep! Sounds like you didn’t get the front lip seated all the seat and actually slid either just above or just below the slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-19-2019, 10:03 PM
Basic Member
Sollly has a reputation beyond reputeSollly has a reputation beyond reputeSollly has a reputation beyond reputeSollly has a reputation beyond reputeSollly has a reputation beyond reputeSollly has a reputation beyond reputeSollly has a reputation beyond reputeSollly has a reputation beyond reputeSollly has a reputation beyond reputeSollly has a reputation beyond reputeSollly has a reputation beyond repute

The intake tube will actually collapse into where it connects into the hood which allows the hood to go on further and into place. When you pull the hood off the rubber tube extends and when it goes back on it has to "accordian" back in if that makes sense.