• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tudizzle's bolt by bolt install Video of a Silber Turbo on a 2018 Ski Doo 850

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I ran across this on YouTube today.

Tudizzle's bolt by bolt install of a Silber Turbo on a 2018 Ski Doo 850

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bZiOXryGWek?rel=0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

D
Apr 26, 2008
Looks good can any one who has rode one of these kits give us some feed back on power, throttle response and overall if they are happy with the kit.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
They just started shipping them. I don't think anyone rode these kits last year except for Silber's own testers.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Looks good can any one who has rode one of these kits give us some feed back on power, throttle response and overall if they are happy with the kit.
I got to ride pre-production ones last year and we just got our first customer out in cooke this weekend on his. Over the hood pow 5psi and it was ripping. He was grinning like an idiot. Hes not on snowest or I'd have him chime in but I can tell you he was blown away by how much the sled acts like stock aside from the extra power on top. Over the hood pow all day and not an issue all day.

Im trying to snag some of his gopro footage of it so you can ride along and hear it working.

I hate the way the doo chassis handles but damn they work so good boosted id almost consider trading my turbo axys for one.

Last edited:

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
Bummer, didn't see that on their website. The video looked like it was a shot, i'm hoping they will get it cracked soon.

C
Dec 11, 2011
Montana
I road mine in Cooke last weekend on 5lbs and it flat rips without a hiccup I’m very impressed with it just like ridding a stock sled gonna go 7lbs this coming weekend . Snow was over the hood and pretty much pinned all day

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Is yours an 18? Does it have shot? We were there Sunday. It was epic. Did your sled bog in the powder at all? When I had my silber axys, last year, in similar but not as deep snow, it bogged a few times. Have an 850 now. Still waiting on turbo.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Pretty impressive to hear that, over the hood snow and not one hickup is the best thing I heard, would think the under hood temps would be pretty high and that's were if there is a problem, it would show quick

How is spool up in those conditions? Any exhaust restrictions pointing down hill, any lag there.. This is where it should show up quick

How is new belt holding up, clutching good are need changes.. Thanks for answering all these questions.. Can change now before install happens

I road mine in Cooke last weekend on 5lbs and it flat rips without a hiccup I’m very impressed with it just like ridding a stock sled gonna go 7lbs this coming weekend . Snow was over the hood and pretty much pinned all day

C
Dec 11, 2011
Montana
Is yours an 18? Does it have shot? We were there Sunday. It was epic. Did your sled bog in the powder at all? When I had my silber axys, last year, in similar but not as deep snow, it bogged a few times. Have an 850 now. Still waiting on turbo.

No I have a 17 and it did not bog at all ran flawlessly all day I’m pumped on it

C
Dec 11, 2011
Montana
Pretty impressive to hear that, over the hood snow and not one hickup is the best thing I heard, would think the under hood temps would be pretty high and that's were if there is a problem, it would show quick

How is spool up in those conditions? Any exhaust restrictions pointing down hill, any lag there.. This is where it should show up quick

How is new belt holding up, clutching good are need changes.. Thanks for answering all these questions.. Can change now before install happens
No bog at all I’m still on my original belt from last season I did do skidoos gear change and have clutch tower vent on clutch side and have my cover modified seemed to run cool time will tell not much if any lag I road a pre production one last spring and the production one is night and day I have a video but don’t know how to post will be back out this weekend to run 7psi and see if I can dial clutching in

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Chrism28 enjoying his sled last weekend. Nice clean smooth power.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zNjeX10LI6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Chrism28 enjoying his sled last weekend. Nice clean smooth power.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zNjeX10LI6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmm. That sled sounds like its free wheeling a lot. The throttle is crisp but it doesn't look like the sled is pulling at all... It sounds like getting on the throttle when you are coasting down a hill... I've run turbos and have a turbo and if mine runs like that I would want my $5,000 back :face-icon-small-con

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Hmm. That sled sounds like its free wheeling a lot. The throttle is crisp but it doesn't look like the sled is pulling at all... It sounds like getting on the throttle when you are coasting down a hill... I've run turbos and have a turbo and if mine runs like that I would want my $5,000 back :face-icon-small-con

I am guessing you are trolling but in case you are not....

1) There is no base anywhere out west but a lot of snow. I was out with five turbo sleds (all different brands and different turbos). You'd think we were all on poorly tuned NA sleds. With no base and a lot of snow the sled has to work *really* hard to go just about anywhere.

2) Armchair Dynoing is even worse than Armchair QBing.

3) Get on one. You'll see... (this coming from a die hard Polaris guy who moved over to Doo just because this kit is so dang good)

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Not trolling at all. Obviously from a GoPro it's impossible to tell what kind of incline and what the snow conditions are. That being said that video is not impressive at all. I wouldn't post it claiming how good my turbo runs. Your base comment might have some validity however I don't ride Polaris and probably never will and I can tell you there are quite a few riders that are in the videos we purchase that are posting videos of turbo Polaris sleds from different turbo companies on baseless snow where you can see what a turbo looks like when it's running great and pulls when you get on the throttle. I've heard great things about the Silber on the 850 from Tony and Sahen but this video doesn't show it. That's all I was stating.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
It is not some mind blowing footage for sure, I mostly just wanted to show that it can be ridden around like normal people ride and the fueling is clean and crisp. I know it was far from a sales pitch on how fast they are or how much power they make. But since people have so limited knowledge on them right now, just trying to show something.

This sled having the 2.5" paddle and the new lower 18 gearing really doesn't pack an insane punch right out of the hole where lots of this video shows it riding, it does sort of "free rev" a bit more then the 154 3" with 17 gearing I rode all spring and earlier this year.

I personally run a silber axys and I can tell you that boost for boost the G4 definately has the edge on power. I put a number of miles on the 154 3" setup at 7psi last spring and it was scary with a stock skid. I will try and get this sled out again soon and get some more video of it.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Not trolling at all. Obviously from a GoPro it's impossible to tell what kind of incline and what the snow conditions are. That being said that video is not impressive at all. I wouldn't post it claiming how good my turbo runs. Your base comment might have some validity however I don't ride Polaris and probably never will and I can tell you there are quite a few riders that are in the videos we purchase that are posting videos of turbo Polaris sleds from different turbo companies on baseless snow where you can see what a turbo looks like when it's running great and pulls when you get on the throttle. I've heard great things about the Silber on the 850 from Tony and Sahen but this video doesn't show it. That's all I was stating.

Nowhere did anyone say this was all time riding or that this was a pro. It is November 17th! Most years we are lucky to ride on a road at this point, let alone any sort of mountain riding.

Nobody claimed this sled was setup perfectly either, and as always you gotta be Burandt good to make GoPro footage look interesting.

This was just some fun early season meadow skipping with a clean running turbo sled. Something to show "yeah, the ECU reflash works and hot-dang there is some snow on the ground! High Five!"

If you are looking for a pro level rider in the craziest of terrain, just wait, its coming, but for now these little clips are fun to keep the stoke high!

I'm sure there is an extra 10-15% to be eeked out of this particular sled in clutching and gearing alone. I'm also sure the rider is probably getting a feel for his new beast.

If you want to objectively show me where I'm wrong, go ahead, I'm all ears. But again the "armchair GoPro dynoing" is super lame and casts some unnecessary shade that does nobody any good...

Premium Features