• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air Compressor???????

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Looking to get a air compressor for the garage/shop. Want to run some air tools, nothing huge. Working on vehicles, sleds, small projects. I really would like to get a oil pump. The oil free seem to be really loud.

I found a Sanborn @ Menards the other day, and also this one @ Tractor Supply. http://www.eaglecompressor.com/air_compressor_model.php?recordID=1123

Any suggestions, I am pretty much clueless. I am not looking to get a huge compressor. Out of a year, it will maybe, run 30 times... give or take.

thanks... Justin

B
Nov 26, 2007
i bought one of those sanborn's from menards also about 3 yrs ago... 6.5hp, belt drive, 30gal tank... thing works awesome, only paid like 249 for it iirc

B
Nov 26, 2007
caught it on a pre-christmas sale one year... just lucky... maybe it was 299??? still, it was a good buy and that's why i have it now... good compressor though, just make sure you stay away from the oil-less direct drive compressors, can't stand those POS's

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
I'm looking for a 6.5hp 50 gallon. Best buy I've found up here yet was $699 for an Eagle at Peavy Mart this spring. From what others have told me, if you want to keep the initial investment down, buy the highest hp one you can get with a 30 gallon tank. They are usually less money and you can always add more tank space later. Larger expired propane tanks work fine...

Premium Features