• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

coolant issue

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
My sled is being funny with the coolant level. I ride the bottle is almost empty or empty at times. Once and a while i see a tiny bit coming from the over flow.
After I shut it down and let it sit for a week even, as soon as I crack the cap on the bottle it over flows everytime. I never have need to add any coolant.

I also notice after it has been sitting for a week pressured up like that. I seeps very slowly around where the hose connects to the bottom of the jug.

Anybody have this issue or know what's going on.

The sled air locked once for me and heated up a bit. I caught it pretty fast I don't think it would of hurt anything

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I have read many topics about the coolant level on the XM being as you describe. After just going through a couple issues with my 07 Rev, I learned that the coolant cap is designed to vent/breathe as the system cools down. This is designed into the cap. Sounds to me like the caps on the XM are not designed with this in mind?

dbest

Lifetime Membership
Mar 15, 2013
I had the same thing happen when i took the cap off my '13 xm. Have not noticed it leaking anywhere tho.

Premium Features