• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best GoPro for Sledding?

M
Jun 12, 2012
Martinsdale, MT
Hello all, I am finally going to break down and get a GoPro for this season and was wondering what everyone was using, and which one is best for sledding? I know there are quite a few on the market in varying price ranges, though I don't think I could justify buying the Hero 4 Black because it seems to be a bit more than what is really needed. I just want something that is high def, really clear, and wont have a whole lot of shaking if I decided to put it on my handlebars. Thanks for the input in advance!

Mike

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
Decide which one you can afford and buy it. I have had one since early on and they just keep getting better. Even the early ones will do what you asked for, not sure about the mounting on your handle bars. Mount it and see if you like the picture then try again. The newer features like remote viewing and control are really nice. I think the newer ones have better battery life and picture quality but they are all better than anything in the past.

S
Jan 11, 2019
If you want something high-definition, very clear, all Gopro models are deserved. GoPro has always done a good job on the clarity of the picture. But if you need a more stable picture, you may need to install GoPro gimbal.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I was looking a hero 7 Black that i can get for a good deal are there much difference between 7 and 8 ?

S
Dec 28, 2009
I watched some stabilization videos of the gopro 7 vs the 8. That made me decide to get an 8 as all my footage with my 3 are very bouncy.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The 360 sounds fun, but I don't know if I would want to have that on full time.
Does the Max operate in non-360 mode too?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
The 360 sounds fun, but I don't know if I would want to have that on full time.
Does the Max operate in non-360 mode too?

From my understanding yes. But I'll let you know shortly as I just ordered one.

I also have the Black 7 which does well and the session which I actually really like because of the size. it would be nice if they released an updated version of the session.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I watched some stabilization videos of the gopro 7 vs the 8. That made me decide to get an 8 as all my footage with my 3 are very bouncy.

That is impressive because I have the 7 and found it to be leaps and bounds way better than anything I have ever used before it. Its like it always on a gimbo.

K

kxcorky

Jan 13, 2009
Boise, ID
Another good option is the Garmin. I had an Ultra and now have the Virb which I was impressed with. They make a 360 camera as well. I am not good at riding or editing really but the helmet cam footage in this video is from my Garmin Virb.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
My Hero7 is experiencing corrupt files..
Video locks up at 30 seconds but sound keeps going.
Online forums full same complaints..
I tried all the suggestions on gopro forums
2 thumbs down gopro hero7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
My Hero7 is experiencing corrupt files..
Video locks up at 30 seconds but sound keeps going.
Online forums full same complaints..
I tried all the suggestions on gopro forums
2 thumbs down gopro hero7

My 7 has been great. All updates have been installed still great. Best action camera I have owned.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Reformatting the removable drive every time anything is deleted fixed my issues, and I had 1 bad battery
I’ll give it 1 thumb

Premium Features