• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mcexpress Turbo needs a rebuild

C
Sep 11, 2018
Atlantic Canada
My new to me sled needs the turbo rebuilt, it has some play in the shaft and i found some oil in the intake (which may be from the drain into the intake tube) But i found a lot of oil on the boost side, so much that when i took it off it ran down the turbo.

So who's done it, ive seen some guys online have done it in the car world, and doesn't need to be re-balanced as long as i mark the location of impeller and exhaust turbine.

Also where can i find a non Chinese rebuild kit. For a Volvo 16T turbo.

Caleb

C
Sep 11, 2018
Atlantic Canada
These sleds lose a lot of oil when rolled or on its side.. I'd be very certain that you need a rebuild before I got into it. They usually last 10s of thousands of kilometers.

I think you may be right. Did some more reading and it seems that these turbos need a bit of play in them since they run on a journal and not a bearing. Sled wasnt smoking or acting funny or anything i was just worried about the play was all. Turns out false alarm!

Premium Features