• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to get an '18 X model.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
I'm looking t at the possibility of picking up a 2018 Summit X. Do dealers sometimes order "extra" snow check models? If so, does anybody know of a dealer in the WA area (or ID, OR) area that typically does this?

How about if someone backs out on a snow check model? Is the individual responsible for finding a buyer or does the dealer help them out?

Specifically I would like to get an X model in the 165 length with, or without, SHOT. Slight preference for the SHOT starter.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

T
Dec 11, 2007
It's hit or miss which dealer may have one but people do back out all the time. I picked up a '17 Summit X last year in Denver after someone backed out. You just have to look around. Occasionally, you will see ads on c-list trying to sell the rights to a snow check before it comes in so the original buyer doesn't lose their deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Haven't we already seen a member or two here saying they wanted out of their snowcheck?

If not, you WILL see them start poping up in the next few months.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Thanks for the info. I'll start keeping an eye on the forum and CL. Also called a couple of dealers and got on their list just in case someone needs to back out.

I only started riding last year but got hit by the bug hard. Was behind the curve on deciding what I wanted during the spring snow check season. I can't wait for the season to start!

G
Dec 4, 2016
I have a Summit x w/ Shot. 165 (3"). Blue. 4 year warranty ordered.

Depending on how my schedule pans out this winter I might sell it and just ride my current sled.

If you like you can keep my contact info and I'll have a decision by November.

The sled will be in Bend, OR.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
I have a Summit x w/ Shot. 165 (3"). Blue. 4 year warranty ordered.

Depending on how my schedule pans out this winter I might sell it and just ride my current sled.

If you like you can keep my contact info and I'll have a decision by November.

The sled will be in Bend, OR.

Yes, PM sent!

ultimax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Washington State
2018 X Gen4

I ordered the Black X Gen4 with SHOT 165 but have decided to back out of the purchase. I also have a new cover for it. If your interested I live in Yakima, Wa. PM me if you want it.

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Picked up 2 it's after Snocheck deadline. Try Renegade Sports in Logan Utah. Yes not on the State's you mentioned but not by much. Most dealers seem to order extra and/or people back out. Sometimes that's grey area lol

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
Do you pick 3 year warranty with 0% or 4 year warranty when you pay for the sled? Or does it have to be ordered with the option selected?

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Do you pick 3 year warranty with 0% or 4 year warranty when you pay for the sled? Or does it have to be ordered with the option selected?

That's a really good question. Thanks for putting that on my radar. I didn't think about asking that when I've been talking to dealers.

Hopefully someone who has ordered one will know the answer.

M
Aug 16, 2017
I bought a summit x that a dealer had on the floor in early December last year. They would not allow me to take over the three year warranty and I only got 1yr. It's much better if you can work a deal with someone directly backing out on a spring order. I'm not saying all dealer's are the same, but that's how they did me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SASKTOOLMAN

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2013
CANADA
I have a '18 154" X coming that I am not sure if I am taking.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features