• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

drop brackets on rev/rt

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
so i just got my RT and can definately tell its got a few more pounds on it... and the 16 wide tracks are a tad harder to lay over than 15's so i am debating on a set of dropdown brackets. i am maybe 165-170 with all my gear on so i will be working to move the sled as it is already. the sled already has a 2 inch riser on it so thats in my favor.

my main question is what kinda cost benefit are we talking about for adding a rise, rev chassis guys feel free to chime in as its close enough for my caring, and after riding my rev i know they are a bit hard to lay over on flatter ground.

sleds an 05 rt with a 162

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
go to a 2 inner big wheel rear axle, helps with cranking it over, cut off the sway bar, narrow the ski's if they arent allready. i fidn my REV easyer the pull over than a M8 but its just what you get used to.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
already got the swaybar off, skis all the way inside and a 2 wheel in the back, same as my last sled, but that could have been the junk offset skis that it had on it

my old rev would not lay over on the flat nearly as easy as an M7.... when i would try to sit and spin in a field, i could do it way easier on the M sled versus the rev, the rev just wanted to go upright, or fall onto the sidepanels and spin the track i nthe air.

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
First of all, for drop brackets, my REV is a real pig in the set up snow. I compared it to a 159 without the brackets, and it handled like a totally different sled. I think the brackets work well in the deeeep though.

I never had a problem with laying over my rev and carving. I am 260 without gear, so I guess the sled goes where I want it. You say sit and spin.... I always stand up when I am carving.

So why go to an RT? I think that the REV is better in handling, and it is lighter..

J
Jan 7, 2008
Hey there. I've got the big 1litere. I put on the drop down brkts and rear wheel delete kit from Smitty. The 1L turns and carves much better. Look on Doootalk and find Smitty. Real easy to deal with

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
So why go to an RT? I think that the REV is better in handling, and it is lighter..

first of.... HP, it has some power mods on it, and something like i needed new sled as my motor and chasis were at the end of there life on the last one, and i got a sled worth a lot more than i paid for it as the guy just needed to get rid of it quickly, wives, what a joke.

so your post was kinda not making sense to me, do the brackets make it better or worse in anything but deeper snow?

when i say sit and spin i mean when your in a meadow and you sit and spin circles laying off one side, the wanting to upright might just be the 16 wide track to, but my dads M7 153 just lays down and spins forever if you hold on.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Hey there. I've got the big 1litere. I put on the drop down brkts and rear wheel delete kit from Smitty. The 1L turns and carves much better. Look on Doootalk and find Smitty. Real easy to deal with

X 2 for Smitty. NICE product, for not a lot of dough. Great guy to shoot the breeze with. Try some powder pro, or Slydog ski's, as well....

Ace

J
2 wheel axle

so is there any other way to get a hold of smitty besides dootalk seems like you got to be a member or some other:confused: email addressanyone:confused: trying to order me a axle kit, his kits look pretty cool especially for the money,sooo ill just check back later or my email is framing@live.com

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
here is Smitty's Contact Number 253-973-9119
he is also on here PM Smittys800

top notch dude, will treat u right

Premium Features