• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 MM700 Clutching???

M
Nov 27, 2007
Farmington, MN
I'm looking for primary clutch weight recommendations. Any help would be great. Make it "allegedly" if you like.

I have:
Bender Pipes
Drilled Air Box
Reed Spacers
Stock secondary helix
Stock secondary spring (forget what it is)
19/40 gears
Currently 8CR weights with 10.3 Al on inside, 13.3 steel on outside hole nearest the tip.
I ride 8000 - 10,000 ft. (Cooke, Snowy, Tog)
151" - no extro-verts.
G-W-G primary spring

I have not yet called Hartman Inc. or Mountain Performance. I just put a 151" put on it form MPI, so I'll call them first since I already gave them my business.

My buddy has the exact setup except, 156" track and his 13.3 steel is on the inside, and his 10.3 Al is on the outside hole nearest the tip. He says it runs good.

TJ in Alpine, WY originally set this up 2 seasons ago, but I was stock and 141" and did not have the Benders on it at that time. It is my understanding that he sold the dealership, and is only doing heavy mod stuff with the strokers, so I haven't bothered him yet with little ol' me and my beat up old MM700.

Again, any help would be great, thanks.

Eric

M
Nov 27, 2007
Farmington, MN
Thanks for the input. Sounds like I'm close, but close only counts in golf and hand grenades, right?

Also, there is a nice page on totallyamaha.com that I looked at for setups, but my particular setup is not on there.

Eric

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
In my mtn max 2000 I ran the bender pipes and much of the same stuff you have...In the clutching I went to the bdn 20 with a grn/wht/grn and an arctic cat red/yellow sec spring MUCH more side pressure for a quicker backshift. I also went to 14.5 rollers and a 51-45 helix for your elevation that might be a little steep more like a 48/42 Rpms don't mean as much as track speed, so moniter this with every change.....one at a time..I could hold 80-85 ks in the turn, once the benders get hot they like 9000......02;)

Premium Features