• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Idling / starting issue at times

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I have a 17 AXYS with about 350 miles on it now.

To try to make a long, convoluted story short; issue seems to happen after sled is warmed up, let sit for about an hour then try to start sled. Either sled won't idle or won't start.

Rest of the story....

Last Thursday started sled, let warm up to about 70 degrees engine temp and loaded onto buddies trailer to go ride. About an hour later arrived at destination, started sled and sled would not idle. I idled sled with the throttle until about 70 degrees, rode off trailer and sled idled fine immediately. Sled ran fine rest of the day while riding.

Done riding and get back to town, load sled on my trailer no issues.

The next day, Friday, replaced spark plugs; loaded sled onto buddies trailer to prepare for Saturday's ride, sled ran fine loading onto trailer.

Saturday went back to same spot for sledding, sled started fine / ran fine all day sledding.

When we got back to town Saturday (so about an hour drive), went to my house to unload; sled started fine and engine temp was already about 65 degrees when I started sled. Drove sled off trailer and turned off sled, went to hook up my truck/trailer to load my sled which took about 5-10 minutes.

Went to start sled and sled would not start.

Let sled sit overnight and fired right up the next morning.

Any ideas on what is wrong? Granted sled is under warranty and dropped sled off at dealer today, seeing what the forum has to say.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
My 16/17/18 axys all seem to start "ok" meaning they tend to need throttle applied to start fairly frequently. like I can pull them over without throttle all I want and nothing happens. Its pretty special.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
theirs a good right up on setting the tps most dealerships use a digital wrench witch can be a downfall. their has ben a many of people with similar problems leading back to the tps not being set properly even after the dealership put the digital wrench on it and it read good. you should read
paperclip.gif
TPS check / adjust step by step. (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)
rating_5.gif

SRXSRULE theirs good info in their! hope you get it figured out bobback<!-- ADDED BY BRIAN FOR DATE -->

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Mine seems to flood if it goes from warm shop then into cold for a period of time (travel to staging area). Full throttle when starting works then have to apply a little throttle until it warms up. Warmed sled to 100 degrees before I loaded last time and had no issue starting at all. Seems the bigger the temp difference the worse it is. Little embarrassing on a new sled, but she shines in the backcountry.

Premium Features