• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019?

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Let’s start that good old next model forum.
Has anyone got real intel on what we could expect.
I don’t see a chassi change but maybe refine the current product upgrade the steering to a less sloppy design clean up the handle bars.
What do you all thing?

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
Let’s start that good old next model forum.
Has anyone got real intel on what we could expect.
I don’t see a chassi change but maybe refine the current product upgrade the steering to a less sloppy design clean up the handle bars.
What do you all thing?
Monorail???

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
They better have an espresso maker mounted behind the windshield.

I'm not giving up my skidoo unless there is. I've become accustomed to a higher level of fit and finish.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
they need that shot start before polaris beats em to it or will be the lowest tech sleds again soon..

better skis - yamahas?
offer pro Mtn boards or their new polaris lookin boards on the MC maybe.

oh and quit outsourcing accessory parts to china! or im telling trump!

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
they need that shot start before polaris beats em to it or will be the lowest tech sleds again soon..

Serious question: do people really care about an e-start that only works once the sled has been used? That's when they're the easiest to start.

My internal response when skidoo came out with it was a solid 'meh'

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
I wouldn’t ride a Ski doo ever....but I’m pretty jealous when my buddy’s push a button and the sled fires up. In this day and age of making sleds easier to ride to conserve energy not having to start your sled 20 times a Day sure saves some energy. I used to say a snowmobile didn’t need reverse. I sure hate dragging my old M7 the kids ride out of the garage because it doesn’t have reverse. I think SHOT will be like that. Once you have it you can’t imagine not having it.

Mr. BB

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2009
stance

Wider ski stance available for us sit down riders, well more than usual. Can't ride standing up all day any more. Want to enjoy all the rest of new features, but not interested in sidehilling capabilities. Maybe A-C will make kits that allows using stock shocks.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I guess I just don't see that being any different than having an e-start......which works when it's cold in the morning when it really matters.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I guess I just don't see that being any different than having an e-start......which works when it's cold in the morning when it really matters.

dont think id use it on really cold mornings, i hate the thought of those tight clenched pistons forced to crank over that fast until it fires. i usually start by pulling the motor over nice n slow a couple times, then let er rip. actually its the only way possible sometimes when its that cold.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Serious question: do people really care about an e-start that only works once the sled has been used? That's when they're the easiest to start.

My internal response when skidoo came out with it was a solid 'meh'

I would much rather to pull the cord once in the morning and push a button all day than push a button once in the morning and pull all day. P ulling the rope isn’t tough but at the end of a long day or after a bad stuck its just one more thing.

Ive never been an estart guy due to the weight. Shot solves that problem, with the only issue being I have to pull the rope 5% of the time. Winner I think.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

In my experiences most electric starts dont work worth a chit when its real cold and the guys end up pullin the rope anyway.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I would much rather to pull the cord once in the morning and push a button all day than push a button once in the morning and pull all day.

But those aren't the two options.

It's turn a key all day long
or
push a button for the remainder of the day after running for a while.

Anyway....thanks for the responses. I don't really get either so was just curious if people thought that was a selling point. Guess I'm in the minority. Even I have situations where the sled's upside down, under a tree, with one ski hanging off a 50 ft cliff and one of my arms can't reach the top of the sled through branches or a salivating bear. I could see it being useful in those situations.

Last edited:

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
You sure it's only 20-25lbs? I thought it was 125lbs. Because I can't think of a single way to to lighten up the heaviest part of that.

Nope....just can't do it.

ER on the cat is 25 lbs. Sure, buy a lightweight battery and it’s 15 lbs. Still 15 more than SHOT. If you don’t think that’s a big deal that’s fine. Some guys do.

If you don’t think SHOT is an engineering success that helps improve our sport and our experience; and will make its way to the other mfg’s out there one way or another, then you’re just an idiot. Either way I can’t help you.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
If you don’t think SHOT is an engineering success that helps improve our sport and our experience; and will make its way to the other mfg’s out there one way or another, then you’re just an idiot. Either way I can’t help you.

HAHA!! Please don't.

I imagine there's a lot you can't help. My bad for thinking meaningful improvements would have more to do with riding the things, not worrying about that big taxing pull start for which there's already been a solution for. If the day comes when I'm deciding between sleds, that's still going to be pretty far down the list.
But good luck with your vagina in the meantime. I hope that sand comes out.

Premium Features