• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim ECE Helmet

Mike 31x

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Linton, ND
Looking for some help from someone with a large 2014 klim ece helmet. I purchased an XL ece helmet new a couple weeks ago. I had read that you typically need to order the size bigger in klim than a normal helmet. That's what I did the problem I run into is when I try to ride without a balaclava it gets a little to loose on my head. I took the inner liner out and noticed inside my XL marked helmet is a sticker marked L. What I'm wondering is if the L and XL are the same helmet with just a different inner liner? So basically I bought an XL helmet my liner itself is marked XL. But inside the helmet is marked L. Hoping someone owning a large sized ece helmet can take their liner out and let me know what is marked in there helmet. Mine has a sticker marked 60 and a sticker marked L. Thanks in advance

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
The XL helmet and L helmet are the same helmet, only differences are the cheek pads. If you need a smaller helmet order larger cheek pads. Feel free to pm for more info.

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
Medium and Large are the same shell and use different comfort liners. XL through 3X share the same shell with their own comfort liners. F4 helmets are pretty true to size so if you wear a large normally you'd want a large in the new ECE F4.

You can try getting some thicker cheek pads to get a better fit. I recommend and prefer a snug fit in the forehead and back of the head and a tight fit in the cheeks. I don't like the helmet to move when I'm riding in rough conditions, especially when I'm looking up to pick a line up a hill.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I have ALWAYS worn an XXL helmet but in the Klim F4 ECE the XL fits perfect. So I found the exact opposite of the advice you got, I needed one size smaller. I would call Klim and see if they can get you sorted out, they have excellent customer service.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Forgive me ricks is correct in that, I did get the helmets mixed up on which is the same.

Regardless you can still in essence jump up.

I personally know each customer service rep there, I can vouch if you call and ask them they will be extremely helpful. And if I can recommend, ask for Derek he's a great guy there.

But their entire staff is very prepared to help you with anything like that.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
We would be happy to order a set of cheek pads for you as well, if you do not want to deal with the issue yourself. Who did you chat with or where did you read on the sizing? We have found that they actually run a bit on the larger size like the customers on this thread have.

Premium Features