• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

silber turbo bog help

R
Sep 8, 2010
I have a bogg from green mode into WOT ... when i punch it it just falls on its face .. tried adjusting a few thing but nothing seems to work running a 10 lbs from 6000 to 8000 ft on a 2012 kit on a 2012 prormk no det censors

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
Sounds like mine. Top end is great but the bottom end is miserable. Detonates if I go from wot to nothing and back to wot. Always happens at the most inopportune time. Got smoked by a boondocker turbo running 5.5 pounds of boost.

2dabar

Nov 26, 2007
Klamath Falls, OR
Try turning your green mode down to 1 thats where I run mine 12lbs 5000-8000 ft, just blip the throttle if you are running down the trail.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
You know sometimes that falling on its face could be the sled retarding the timing due to a lean condition, sort of lean enough to retard the timing but not enough to throw det light.

Seems like it might be going from cruise to on the throttle when it transitions to boost

Gracefull

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
You know sometimes that falling on its face could be the sled retarding the timing due to a lean condition, sort of lean enough to retard the timing but not enough to throw det light.

Seems like it might be going from cruise to on the throttle when it transitions to boost

Will also happen the same way if you are overreving... I found i had to run more weight than was recommended.
AND check your primary spring..... it will break and sometimes its hard to see its broke. this will alo cause over reving/retarding from the computer causing a bog

scubba steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Iowa
I fought the same issue the last 3 days. Didnt matter what we tried. So gave up an ran a spare sled. Got home and a buddy put his controller on my sled and it works 100 times better, with the same numbers in them.??????

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
Sounds like my buddies sled last year! Once the turbo spooled up it would run good but to get there it would often fall flat on its face. After a frustrating season he sold his sled... He wishes he would have gotten the boost it controller and tried that out before selling. Might wanna consider picking up that controller.

P

powerfuldodge

Jan 30, 2011
Fort Mcmurray
I have the boost it controller on my 12 with the silber turbo, and its a great combination. I run 6 psi at 1000ft on pump gas with 7 or 8 liters of 120 octane in each tank. I have about 300 miles so far this winter with not one DET
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356390590.003215.jpg
I was hopeing to get a lot more riding in this winter but its been a cold winter so far

Same thing, happens on bottom end in green mode but also noticed it especially when running under 5000 rpm then trying to get back on the throttle, at the same time I noticed it was worse and would really bog and cut out while 1 green light was flashing and was barely into the throttle, other then that flat rips!! Green mode was on 4

Guys that run green way low scare me to lean it out too much
12 pro, new 13 silber kit, 3-6000 ft, 76 grams haven't dialed boost level quite yet

turbo RMK

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2009
Alberta
Keep your green between 4 and 5 and turn down the second last blinking lights I think it's yellow blue mine was the same way it's the mode for quick throttle stabs mine had a huge stumble cause it was like around 6 I believe turned it down and never had a stubble since running 15 lbs from 2500 - 8000 feet

J

jetski

Dec 12, 2010
im haveing the same problems, my sled seemed to run ok when i left saskatchewan and went to yellowstone and once we got to elevation it started to crap the bed, being really rich out of the hole and stuff... tried to do what ever you wanted to the box. Never really helped much. Ran into Justin and the gang down there they helped me out a bit, drove one of there sleds to see what mine should run like and it was a night and day difference, they have throttle response like a stocker. Mine hardly gets out of its own way. So im looking into other things, IE stock injectors/stator

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
I can't seem to clean up the bottom end on mine. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon or I'll be buying a boondocker kit.

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
my brothers sled had a few bogs at first at 1500 feet in sask things we found it was lean from set up for here,also found he was smashing the rev limiter lol,he has had to adjust it a few times with weather but he just carries his one sheet of paper to set it,also if u guys r getting alot of bogs and it starts to miss check your reeds we changed his out at 500 boosted 500 non 1000 total miles,also found out that there is a reed stop witch hm turbo sells not sure who else but the next set will get a set of these, tuning what worked for us -determine where the bog is in what range always add fuel first then go down i learnt this one years ago woops,another to remember the afr gauge might not pick up the lean or rich spot fast enough so try just experimenting but always do one spot at a time,i am no pro at this but this worked for us and i hope it helps u

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
If I remember right the yellow blue mode is the setting for the sensitivity on the yellow mode. maybe the fact if you have slow throttle movement you get into boost ok, but on a quicker throttle movement it falls on its face try to adjust the yellow blue up 1 (Raising the number makes it less sensitive) so your yellow mode can work correctly

Last edited:
Premium Features