• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cheap/free mods for the m series sleds

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Have one of these on dootalk for the rev chassis, and I figured there's got to be a few things. here's a few I know of:

Front arm relocation bracket 25-75$
Under hood foam removal
Geo mod
2005-2009 under seat foam removal increases storage and loses weight

I figure try and keep it around 50$.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
Track Porting

I've done it, it works. You'll get opinions on both sides of the fence on this one.

It works.

It takes a bunch of time to complete. I ported the 144x16 on my wife's 700 RMK, it loosened it up a ton. It rolls much easier.

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
cheap mods

hood lift and gauge lift...i used a piece of 4" rain gutter pipe from home depot($10) 40 degree or so cut it down and the gauge fits tight. cut some holes in it and a ton of heat escapes the engine outta there and the hood lift and easier to see the gauge.

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
intake
can
boss seat
ditch any pointless weight, windshield, snow flap, headlights, drill your track
One thing that makes a sled feel light is by keeping the rotating mass low.

And learn to ride better by not effin with your sled every week and just riding the thing. PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!!

Will

C
Mar 20, 2011
intake
can
boss seat
ditch any pointless weight, windshield, snow flap, headlights, drill your track
One thing that makes a sled feel light is by keeping the rotating mass low.

And learn to ride better by not effin with your sled every week and just riding the thing. PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!!

Will

Other then the track got any other suggestions for eliminating rotating weight ?

Jul 22, 2009
As Arctic2009 mentioned, none of these mods are going to be cheap, but here are some of the common things guys are going to save rotational mass.

Port track, as mentioned.
BDX Lightweight recoil
BDX lightweight brake rotor
BDX lightweight track shaft
BDX - I believe their gears are lighter when you do the lightweight diamond drive kit?
Fastrax P85 primary clutch conversion

After that I think you have to look inside the engine for additional savings, and if you think anything above is expensive (per pound of savings), going internal is going to make it seem cheap.

Premium Features