• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Introduction - Planning a trip West

S
Nov 30, 2009
Greatings from a Michigan flat-lander. Life-long snowmobiler, average 1,500 miles a season. Have 10,000 miles on my '03' REV and going strong. My wife and teenage daughters enjoy the sport too (lots of fun wrenching on 4 sleds). Never have been west of Michigan riding. I am hoping to plan a mid-March trip out West for my wife and I. Some friends have given me a few pointers, and now I'd like to get more information for the trip. My wife prefers trail riding and sight seeing, and are we up for some challenges. I'd like to have the opportunity to get off-trail to play some, but not leave her behind too long.

Our friends stayed outside of Jackson hole near the Idaho border and enjoyed that area, but said it was remote. We are looking for a nice full-service lodge; start out a day or two with a guide/group, and them maybe make our own trail plan for a day. Yellowstone sounds interesting, but not sure of if the arrangements to enter the park and it's location make sense for our first trip.

Hope this all make some sense, but PLEASE fell free to steer me in the right direction.

LET IT SNOW - Ted

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Greetings.
You would enjoy the West Yellowstone area.
As far as the park, most of the motels can arrange reservations for a rental sled and guide for park.

KSH

Last edited:
S
Nov 30, 2009
Thanks for the comments KSH. With the federal judge just now reducing the daily limit to under 400 sleds, I would expect that reservations may fill up quick?

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Thanks for the comments KSH. With the federal judge just now reducing the daily limit to under 400 sleds, I would expect that reservations may fill up quick?

Personally I would take one of the coaches in. You stay nice and warm and they describe everything as you go.

KSH

Premium Features