• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lock N Ride fasteners

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
I lost two of the tunnel bag lock n ride fasteners and I refuse to pay $15/piece for the pieces of crap.
I know I saw somewhere people were making their own, but I can’t find the post or link on the internet. Anyone have some help on what they have used as a SIMPLE alternative?

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I use the carriage bolts from Polaris that are used for the rear seat post - and a wingnut. That has worked great for my tunnel bag.

--Perk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Get the largest head carriage bolts that you can find that will fit the track slot... different brands and different sources vary...

Go with the 1/4"-20 size rather than the 6mm... bigger head and they fit the slot in the tunnel better so you wont get distortion in the aluminum track.

You can also use a plastic knobs with 1/4" threads for the nuts so you can remove without tools.
I prefer Stainless bolts and knobs with brass threads for corrosion reasons.

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
Get the largest head carriage bolts that you can find that will fit the track slot... different brands and different sources vary...

Go with the 1/4"-20 size rather than the 6mm... bigger head and they fit the slot in the tunnel better so you wont get distortion in the aluminum track.

You can also use a plastic knobs with 1/4" threads for the nuts so you can remove without tools.
I prefer Stainless bolts and knobs with brass threads for corrosion reasons.

Basically what I ended up doing. Used some rubber washers as well. Cheap fix to over priced junk.

Premium Features