• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flatlander Newbie

S
Sep 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Hello all! My name is Bart and I'm39 years old and live in central Wisconsin. I've been a subscriber to Snowest magazine for years but just became a member on here recently. I'm married and have a 6 year old son, Tanner. I've been snowmobiling for 22 years and this will be Tanner's 3rd year riding his Mini Z. In my 22 year snowmobiling career I've owned 18 new sleds. I rode Polaris for a while, switched to Cat for 3 years, back to Polaris (dealer issues) and switched to Ski-Doo in 2001, which I currently ride. My riding consists of mainly trail riding in Wisconsin during the week but travel to the U.P. of Michigan on the weekends where we ride mostly off-trail. I've been taking a trip to Togwotee Lodge every other year for the last 5 years, so to say my heart is out West is an understatement. I told everybody after my first trip to Togwotee that my sled could sit on the trailer all season if I could ride at least 1 week out there...I absolutely love it in the West. I've ridden in Alaska (Hurricane Gulch and Willow area) a few times while visiting my sister there. I can ride right from my house so I'm able to usually get at least 3,000 miles on in a typical season. I like to write, and in my spare time I write articles for a fictional magazine that I made up that I distribute amongst our riding group. If sombody wipes out or does something stupid I'll make up a story about it an add in a lot of B.S. to add to the humor of the event. I also enjoy spending time with my family, camping, riding ATV's and watercraft, playing hockey and coaching Tanner's hockey team. I'm a total Sled Head and think about snowmobiling 24-7, 365 days a year and look forward to visiting SnoWest and its members!!!

Last edited:
E
Dec 1, 2007
Flatlands of Iowa
Hello all! My name is Bart and I'm39 years old and live in central Wisconsin. I've been a subscriber to Snowest magazine for years but just became a member on here recently. I'm married and have a 6 year old son, Tanner. I've been snowmobiling for 22 years and this will be Tanner's 3rd year riding his Mini Z. In my 22 year snowmobiling career I've owned 18 new sleds. I rode Polaris for a while, switched to Cat for 3 years, back to Polaris (dealer issues) and switched to Ski-Doo in 2001, which I currently ride. My riding consists of mainly trail riding in Wisconsin during the week but travel to the U.P. of Michigan on the weekends where we ride mostly off-trail. I've been taking a trip to Togwotee Lodge every other year for the last 5 years, so to say my heart is out West is an understatement. I told everybody after my first trip to Togwotee that my sled could sit on the trailer all season if I could ride at least 1 week out there...I absolutely love it in the West. I've ridden in Alaska (Hurricane Gulch and Willow area) a few times while visiting my sister there. I can ride right from my house so I'm able to usually get at least 3,000 miles on in a typical season. I like to write, and in my spare time I write articles for a fictional magazine that I made up that I distribute amongst our riding group. If sombody wipes out or does something stupid I'll make up a story about it an add in a lot of B.S. to add to the humor of the event. I also enjoy spending time with my family, camping, riding ATV's and watercraft, playing hockey and coaching Tanner's hockey team. I'm a total Sled Head and think about snowmobiling 24-7, 365 days a year and look forward to visiting SnoWest and its members!!!

Welcome, Bart . . .I know how ya feel .. . my first time out west and I said I'll never go to Wisconsin again ... what's the point. .if I'm gonna drive it's west .. . ..so far in the past five years that I've been back in snowmachinin' I've ridden in Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, and Idaho. . .. . and the 24/7 365 thing. . .yep. . there too . . all summer long waitin' on snow. ..feeling it right now in the mornings when it's a little cool out. . .. .can't wait . . . .. good days to you and ride safe. .

Johnny

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Welcome to SnoWest Bart!
Post some of your best stories, I would be interested to see what you have written

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
I almost took a job in Louisianna, I couldn't imagine being away from the mountains though. So I put it off and they filled the position. "Whew, I didn't want it anyway".

It's easy to take the area for granted, since this is all we know. Each year I try to get some place new, but it's hard to travel to someplace else when I have it so good in my back yard.

No matter where you ride, there's nothing like mountain riding...

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
welcome to the fun.
If you like to write about stupid stuff guys do, you will be writing entire libraries on guys from this site.
We wrote the book on stupid stuff that can be done with a sled.

Premium Features