• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bar Height differences

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
what are the different heights between the pro taper bars offered?
what are the stock pro ride chassis ones considered?

thanks

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
If your trying to decide what to order and not sure what height you want, it's easiest and cheapest to go with the short bars and a Powermad or other riser block for $20 then ordering the mid or high bars and go shorter.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I did as described above when I ordered my 16 Axys. I ordered the short bars and put a 1" riser on it after a couple of rides. It is perfect now. Risers are a lot cheaper than bars.

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
im 6.0' and ordered the middle bars. like most guys i really could always use another 1.0" to 1.5" lol, what brand riser do you guys recommend on these

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I am 6'1" and so is my kid. Both have Pros. His is stock, mine has a 2" riser. I like mine, he doesn't.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
6'0" and ordered the high bars last year.
With the higher boards on the Axys I ended up putting another 1" riser on - Used the Polaris riser as it fit the outline of the adapter better on the factory bars..
Hardly ever use the seat 90% of my riding is standing-and could not take the hunched over I was receiving any-longer.

S/C

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
im 6.0' and ordered the middle bars. like most guys i really could always use another 1.0" to 1.5" lol, what brand riser do you guys recommend on these

I am 6'1.5" and I am running the low bars with a 1" riser. I ran the high bars with a 1" riser on my 13. I rode with Tony Jenkins (Rasmussen Guide) last year and he showed me where my bars should be which is why I went lower. On my Axys, I am 2" lower than I was on the 13 Pro and it does work better in all conditions. Tall bars are a disadvantage in most conditions. It took a professional guide to show me where my bars needed to be. I have a 35"/36" sleeve length. No little T-Rex arms so you know.

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
My avatar is depicting standing upright on my Low Bar equipped sled. I am 5' 9" and there is a slight bend at my elbows. As stated above, you can always get a riser for not much money. Bars on the other hand, pretty expensive.:face-icon-small-coo

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Sorry if this is off topic, but can you guys who use low bars stand and ride without hunching over?

Yes.... BUT I can't lockout my knees and be straight legged. I ride with my knees bent. Definitely a quadricep burner at first but I get used to it. I'm a hair over 6' with a 32" inseam (all torso)-- ride with the low bars

Premium Features