• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 pro Rmk 1050wc build

C
Apr 7, 2014
Kenai Alaska
Just started on my new build. I will be using a 2012 pro Rmk that I picked up for cheap and installing a 1050 wc via a par motor plate and crank shop pipes.

I am new to the wc motors and I had a few questions about the crank shaft. So far I have two 700 cranks and a wc case at our local crank shop up here in Alaska. My question about the cranks is timing, I understand that the crank needs to be timed at 120 degrees but what is the firing order? Assuming I should fire mag-center-pto? And on that note in what retrospect dose the timing key slot need to be with the rod? I will be running an spx ultra ignition so wouldn't it just make since to just copy the ultra crank?

Thanks Cole.

C
Apr 7, 2014
Kenai Alaska
When I get home from work I'll upload some pictures of the progress I have so far. A quick call to Indy Dan and my crank questions were answered! Crank shaft should be done by the end of the month.

Waiting on my motor plate from par so I can send it off to the crank shop and have my pipes made

C
Apr 7, 2014
Kenai Alaska
icr what ignition setup are you using? I am gonna use the 680 ultra spx.

I should have everything I need minus 1 700 ves cylinder.

I got the crank at anchorage drag bike
Brads making the plate and flywheel
Indy Dan mag housing and front water rail
Crank shop sand cast domes
Indy 500 water pump and recoil
P-85 primary
Rack set of 40mm flat slides (might have them board)
800 xcr fuel pumps
Pipes waiting to be made as soon as the plate comes in.

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Gonna be one hell of a stuff-job to get 3pipes in the pro chassis. Lokking forward to see how you do it. Good luck, lets see some pics soon.

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
It has already been done at least once. Sledstew did a 1375 (3 UBR 900 cylinders) in a PRO RMK last year. Picks and build thread are here.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-344153.html
I remember reading about that build. Impressive for sure. It's always the pipes that get me with the triples. Fought with them in my ultra-powered iq. Still, awesome project and its gonna fly that's for sure!

Sent From God Knows Where...

C
Apr 7, 2014
Kenai Alaska
Brad at par said that he made 6 of these plates for the pro Rmk already so there is at least 6 out there. Pics will come as soon as I get home so expect an update around the 28th. ( I work 3&3 on the slope) Hoping my motor plate will beat me home so I can do a little mock up.

Gonna try and make my center to center the same as stock but might end up moving the motor back a little bit so I can be more over the weight of the motor when ridding.

Premium Features